North East EPIC BOSTON Bike Ride SEPTEMBER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
location and time to be determined soon. I want to discuss with Danimal as we'll prob be heading down together. Prob try and find a spot in Cambridge MA and ride the trail into Boston. This may give a good MEETING location instead of trying to find parking for everyone on a Saturday in Boston.

Would it be reasonable to ditch our cars and meet-up in Cambridge instead, and then have all of us ride into Boston together?

If we do decide to park in Cambridge, where would be the best place for all of us to park in?

:?:

Just ask'in; curious minds need to know. :wink:

Depends where in Boston we want to go. We should try to pick a few destinations and work the ride around that. Boston is a big city you know.

True that, Danimal! It’ll sort itself out.

Looking forward to the ride and camping for the following day’s HPVF.

I plan to ride and would like to see bike-friendly streets/sidewalks,pubs,bike shops,crazy gifts shops
not the ordinary and maybe Fenway Park. Oh yea ,girls and pubs :) .And some place to grab a brew.
I don't know the city and don't like driving in it but I have good (bike) map so point out places and
I'll try to design a route ......................Stevil

PS:The weather forecast cannot have rain in it,or I'm out.Too long a haul to get soaked.

I’ll be there if I can get time out from the lab; it is up to my boss, it’s her call. :|

Hosers and posers.......were not getting feedback on whos coming to the Boston ride. This info will help us locate a large enough parking lot, street side parking or garage to gather in. To the guys that DO read this and know of others on the site, Email, call or text them. Send carrier pigeon, 2 turtle doves or your brothers ex girlfriends cousin to get their attn for this. Its only a few weeks away. Lookin to meet up on Cambridge at this point. Good riding to Fenway, pubs, clubs, dives and more. maybe cruise the Charles river if we gather early enough

I for one would LOVE to do a Boston ride, it's a cool city, not too far to drive to get there, good food and sights to see.

But if it's Saturday, Sept 1st, we're doing Bike Fest in New London, CT and since its kind of my event, my wife and I can't be there too. We also have a Moonlight Ride that evening and it should be a brilliant full-moon night wherever you are in New England.

Best of luck with the event. BTW I've had some luck posting things like this on Craigslist For Sale (Bikes) ads, it's not on topic but it gets a few eyeballs and you're reaching the right community.

--Rob

:roll: Come on,Rob.Keep up . The date is Sept 8th . What are ya doing then?
And you already have a thread going for your festival. Nice try,gotcha :) :) Stevil

Ok guys were getting closer Sept 8th Boston ride. Dan and I will come up with a meeting destination in Cambridge MA and cruise into Boston by the end of the week. Wear your padded butt shorts. Gonna be a great day of riding. Cruise to food courts, Boston Beer works and ......oh what ever. We're gonna go everywhere.

You know Brian, you're really falling down planning this. :)

Since you're driving, you might want to pick a meeting place and a time. Just saying.

We should either meet somewhere near The Paradise Rock Club (near MIT), or perhaps on the other side of Cambridge (near The Middle East Club). Either way, a ride towards the Fenway area (Lansdown street) would be ok.

Brian, get on Google and map it out and look for parking areas!!!

oh man, the Middle East... last time I was there was years ago... saw The Beatings play. Love that club.

wish I could do this ride with you guys.

Yeah Ian, that place still kicks butt.

Ok, since Stickit is busy practicing his uneven bars routine, I guess I will put a location out there:

The Official Meeting Place Will Be:

The Paradise Rock Club

This is their site: http://www.thedise.com/info.html

Lots of parking lots, spaces, and garages in the area. I say we meet there at around 4:00? Other opinions welcome.

image2.jpg

Back