Not bad for a rough Winter week.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Well, a week ago today, I got this at a local auction. Never used Schwinn window advertisement. Matches the 61 Flying Star I have. :cool2:

And as a stroke of luck, I picked these two up this week. The black one is badged as a Hawthorne, and rides. The other has no badge, I'm guessing CWC? I like the fender braces. Also, a nice set of balloons fenders and fork.

CWC?

Cant say no to a nice set of fenders

And to cap the week off, more coolness.

Never used NOS Goodyear Sign, with the O.G. packaging it came in. :eek:

And more cool Schwinn advertsements.

And maybe not the place for this, but a super cool, and vintage model. I like models, much cheaper alternative to Hot Rods (Thats why I like bikes so much!)

Thanks for looking! BTW, I'm not too attached to these things yet if someone's interested. :thumbsup:

Luke- Thanks!

Would you consider bringing the bike shop repair sign to a good copy center and getting a nice color copy made? I bet you could sell a BUNCH of them.. I'd want one!

Not a bad idea. If I could get a few people to go for it, it could be a possibility.

I did the same thing one year with old Willys ads at a local Office depot or Staples.. Cost was pretty reasonable and my buds appreciated the Christmas gifts.
What size is the original?

Roughly 13 inches wide by 22 inches tall.

Not sure what it would work out to be but if you do go to the copy center ask them what their best fit on paper size is....they can reduce and enlarge, as the bigger size paper might not be worth the extra $$ to do, and you may have considerable waste to get the last inch or so of length or width.

Of course if guys want to do their own, all you'd have to do is take a good clean head on shot with your camera and post the picture. Then anyone with a color printer could make one. I've heard of guys finding their Photobucket pictures on some item or other on Ebay, like a calendar, etc...

I'll go check out the printer shop after work tomorrow to get an idea on pricing. Any other takers?

Back