"Nuke" Pics Air Ride IFS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "Nuke" Pics B 4 IFS

I got to take it for a spin around the parking lot. Lots of fun. the steering had me thinking too much and I almost hit a couple parked bikes, but luckily missed. Reminded me of driving in Scotland. Can't wait to see it all done.

the trike looks awesome dude...
now you need two more of those coilovers

you should consider putting a seat belt.....lol

i bet it would get good air going off a ramp....and land soft with the suspension

Just keeps getting better every time i see it....Man i miss ASYLUM got to get one started here in Santa Fe...

Finished the front suspension mods just in time for San Francisco Bike Expo at the famous Cow Palace. This place was build before time began. Had to try to air ride Nuke by popular demand. Used a pair of automotive air shocks mounted upside down in the shock towers. Found a 4500 psi compressed air tank from Palmers Pursuit which is a custom paint ball gun manufacturer. What a machine shop these guys have, WOW. Also a low pressure regulator to keep the line pressure at about 100psi to fill the shocks without blowing em up! The plumbing was a nightmare with all the different fittings not compatable with each other. Pipe, flair, etc. Muscled through it and jeez it works. The dump valve drops the forks to the ground and the fill valve brings em to riding height. A couple of shots dumped on the ground at the show. I'll get more after working out a few bugs.
SFBikeExpo001.jpg
SFBikeExpo003.jpg

Latest posts

Back