Old Junk, 2 Murray built and 1 ???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sprayed on some paint stripped, let sit a few minutes and sprayed off with water hose:

IMG_0167.jpg

Yeah, first one a Huffman (Huffy) for sure, seeing how they made bikessold as Western flyers as well as a few other off names. I'd guesss mid to late 50's on it. All three bikes are sweet! Diggin them all.

yoothgeye said:
Sprayed on some paint stripped, let sit a few minutes and sprayed off with water hose:

IMG_0167.jpg

Another round of stripping and you may have your build off bike. Unless your planning on ratting the penny farthing.

nice !

Looks like the one I got last fall - pic below, I never thought of it being a flightliner, definately not like the Spaceliner frames I've seen .

Will be watching any progress on this one.

~ AL

IMG_1069.jpg

I believe the first, oldest, is Huffman built, probably 1946-1947, with later seat & chainwheel and incorrect stem, etc. If it matters to you, simpleman would know for sure.

dougfisk said:
I believe the first, oldest, is Huffman built, probably 1946-1947, with later seat & chainwheel and incorrect stem, etc. If it matters to you, simpleman would know for sure.

It's pretty much missing any cool parts, so I'll take what I can and then it'll probably be cut up or something.

The blue one must be a flightliner. Spaceliner frame is similar, but different like this:
swapmeetbikes003.jpg

Latest posts

Back