( ORBO ) Brave Heart

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto - looks killer :)

I've only tried a couple times and found buildoff timeframes too much for me, way to many interuptions and other bikes coming and going, etc. Kudos for all the guys who do it time after time.
Still , bottom line is, any excuse to build a bike is good, even a few days late- congrats on finishing .

Yeah I like this one a lot. Could've won, it's got ALL the right stuff.

Carl.

Yeah I like this one a lot. Could've won, it's got ALL the right stuff.

Carl.
Thanks Carl I was really hope to get this one done on time but I built it the way I wanted with some spare parts & obviously a few new parts. Went on a 11 mile trail ride to day it rode great . The drum brake was a set back took for ever to get . I would have like to see it in the calendar but owell . Congrats to all you other guys & your bikes . Great job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Carl I was really hope to get this one done on time but I built it the way I wanted with some spare parts & obviously a few new parts. Went on a 11 mile trail ride to day it rode great . The drum brake was a set back took for ever to get . I would have like to see it in the calendar but owell . Congrats to all you other guys & your bikes . Great job

Klunker Kalendar...
Mine came in 11th and missed out on the 10 month calendar too!
But yours deserved to be in it.

Carl.

I would SO steal this bike ( I mean that as a compliment brother).
You killed it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks Doctor .... it rides well & is darn smooth with the sealed bearings through out . The 3 speed is also a great part of this bike . Some may say it's not a pure klunker Because it not a single speed but I could care less. It is a great bonus on the trial . have done some trial riding & didn't have to get off and push . Did 11 miles the other day and it rides great . I beat on it but it beat back full ridged will make you feel every root. I've been riding full suspension for over 10 years on the trail . But there some dam cool about getting back to basics.
447cfd9531538d053f291355bcf5980c.jpg
071061ae5f09f19642796af3d1882512.jpg
0eb3396fb474c55586a8f4ff2a27dc59.jpg

Glad to see you're getting her out in the dirt G! Bet it rides great.

Looks like a great ride G-Matt...:thumbsup:

Great looking klunker.

Some may say it's not a pure klunker Because it not a single speed

Not true. All the fast ones had gears. They were road bike guys and used those skills to mod their bikes. Gary Fisher's record 4:22 time down repack (that has never been beat by a moderm machine) was done on a bike with gears. Lots of them..:)

Here's Alan Bonds on his Hybrid Klunker.

alan_repack1.jpg

The single speeds were called bombers and the bikes with gears an derailleurs were called hybrids. Which later became the name for a milktoast middleweight type bike with gears.

Last edited:
O ya thanks chad the gearing is good on this bike 39 tooth & 3 speed work well not for serious climbs but it does climb pretty well

Cool picture & like the history also . Gary was a true pioneer & bad a--

Nice job!!!

Latest posts

Back