(orbo) klunk-fast

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its been a slow bike building week, but i did get my wheelset done. got my tires mounted on murray mo stamped front and rear rims. i hope to get a lot
IMG_1473.JPG
IMG_1474.JPG
IMG_1475.JPG
done on the frame this weekend.

although i love the way this frame looks, i am going to give up with this one. too many problems. from the high bb to too much rake. doesn't make it feasible at this time. nobody i know welds and limited funds just doesn't work. with that being said, i will go to my backup frame. a 63' top twin bar rollfast frame. all my parts should just fit right on it. notice i said SHOULD! pics will come tomorrow.

although i love the way this frame looks, i am going to give up with this one. too many problems. from the high bb to too much rake. doesn't make it feasible at this time. nobody i know welds and limited funds just doesn't work. with that being said, i will go to my backup frame. a 63' top twin bar rollfast frame. all my parts should just fit right on it. notice i said SHOULD! pics will come tomorrow.

So ummm, what are your plans for the pork chopper frame? Any plan to sell it?

Frame looks awesome! Hope you keep the original paint!
definitely keeping the original paint. i want to keep this as simple as possible. my plan is to be able to switch the parts around to suite my ridding mood. to keep all the parts interchangeable. that way it wont be hard to go right back to cruiser mode.

Does your rear tire fit between the chain stays? I built up one of those frames before and it was a little tight.

had to see if everything fit right. fit better than i expected! plenty of room for the wheels and tires. fit better on this frame than it ever would have on the porky. got in a test ride before the expected blizzard... hot-rodded rear bendix hub feels great! nice and smooth. i can really feel the difference. still have some bugs to work out but this should be my final configuration.
IMG_1497.JPG

definitely keeping the original paint. i want to keep this as simple as possible. my plan is to be able to switch the parts around to suite my ridding mood. to keep all the parts interchangeable. that way it wont be hard to go right back to cruiser mode.
Sounds like the Thunderbolt Greaseslapper...
A theme I've always wanted to do.

Carl

as much as i liked the chainring that i had on it, it just had to go! to much color clash. so, i brushed the neck, put the rollfast chainring back on, and changed out the seatpost clamp. much happier with the results! still not happy with the forks, but plenty of time left to find some.
IMG_1499.JPG
IMG_1500.JPG
IMG_1501.JPG

Clean build

Latest posts

Back