ORBO SkiTrap

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm happy with the way it rides and handles, but those fork tubes sticking up like that bug the stuffing out of me.
Aside from that, I like the way it looks. I knew it would be a junky looking bike when I had the plan of putting the mt bike parts on it, I think it looks like better junk now.

The way I see it is this, I paid for all the parts that went into this build in one form or another. But I've had all the bikes and parts in it long enough(with exception of the wheels) that I built this bike for free. Even with the cost of the wheels, I got my money back today when I rode around in the snow with a smile on my face.
And I did what I set out to do, I built an off road bike in real time in one day.
Bah! That's not junky looking, that's a cool and unusual frame. It does look kinda chopper style, but who says you can't do that? I like it, and it's all good if you like it.

Carl.

Nky

sent from my banana phone...

Switched out the fork tubes for the shorter ones.
915074c1eb651857090c591e98b2db11.jpg

cc82bf78acfcbfbcfb129e8d58a8070b.jpg

de2e3ddc02bf7734db2f76079868c4e0.jpg

Added the ski to the front and took it for a test ride. Don't know how to post that video tho.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Have any Polish in you ? If you do, you could name the build...Klunkerski..!:bigsmile:
Looks great! Like the shorter fork stanchions too. If you have a vid, you can either put it on youtube (might have to start your own channel, easy to do) or in photobucket. Lookin' good!

Have any Polish in you ? If you do, you could name the build...Klunkerski..!:bigsmile:
Looks great! Like the shorter fork stanchions too. If you have a vid, you can either put it on youtube (might have to start your own channel, easy to do) or in photobucket. Lookin' good!
Nope no polish, just scotch and powhatan.
I figured I'd have to do something with YouTube to post a vid.

I'll eventually come up with a name for this thing, the ski and studded tire are temporary. Will put the actual tires on Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, chain stays are level. Where's that put your BB height, about 11-12 inches centered? Cool. It's a Ross right? Hmm, Rosski Tracker. or Multitracker...

Carl.

Nice, chain stays are level. Where's that put your BB height, about 11-12 inches centered? Cool. It's a Ross right? Hmm, Rosski Tracker. or Multitracker...

Carl.
Yea it's a Ross, haven't measured but 11-12 inches for bb sounds right.

It definitely takes some getting use to, but it is fun.
Not sure when we'll get another decent snow again, but I'll be keeping the rear tire and ski. I'll make a stronger bracket for the ski, if it didn't flex I think it'd be easier to ride.
Can't imagine downhill.....Forget about it!!

Well it finally hit me like a 10 ton heavy thing.
Its definitely an off road bike. It can handle streets,trails & snow and once you ride it you get stuck wanting to keep riding.

So I've decided to call it SkiTrap.

SkiTrap ! Yes! A ski bike in the ORBO competition, now that is rat-isfying. If you are changing the bracket at all, check out some of the many other vids on youtube of ski bikes. Might be some good ideas out there. Glad you decided to keep the studs and ski. Very unique. :thumbsup:

Great idea looks fun now all you need is a motor ! Ya hoo. Really like that bike frame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loving the new fork length, looks much better!

Luke.
Thanks, it seems to ride about the same. Just doesn't have the chopper look and the fork tubes aren't sticking up, looks a lot better.

I do have a little slop in the front end at the head tube, think I need a new headset.
SkiTrap ! Yes! A ski bike in the ORBO competition, now that is rat-isfying. If you are changing the bracket at all, check out some of the many other vids on youtube of ski bikes. Might be some good ideas out there. Glad you decided to keep the studs and ski. Very unique. :thumbsup:
I watched a couple vids, think I have an idea. Just have to make it easy to remove, snow won't be here forever, thankfully.
Great idea looks fun now all you need is a motor ! Ya hoo. Really like that bike frame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmm, a motorized ski bike.:39:

I like the frame too, was originally gonna use it for build off 11 but think I'll try to find a beat up CWC for that.

Latest posts

Back