ORBO SkiTrap

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the stance of this build. That is one sweet frame. The ski video was cool. Still not sure what all that white stuff is. We haven't seen any of that here since 89.

I really like the stance of this build. That is one sweet frame. The ski video was cool. Still not sure what all that white stuff is. We haven't seen any of that here since 89.
Thanks KF.
If I remember correctly 89 was a big snow year for us too, when it started to melt in backyard we could see the maze the dog made under it.

I understand the philosophy, but it has a ski on the front.
I'm not sure what size screws I used, just bought a box of machine screws and nuts. Added a dab of red loctite, they aren't coming apart.
I'm not a fan of cold, snow, and ice, so I'm not to worried about replacing them. Just having a little fun this winter.

I understand the philosophy, but it has a ski on the front.
I'm not sure what size screws I used, just bought a box of machine screws and nuts. Added a dab of red loctite, they aren't coming apart.
I'm not a fan of cold, snow, and ice, so I'm not to worried about replacing them. Just having a little fun this winter.
Wow a ski. I bet that would work on a groomed icy snowbike trail. The ski would ride around the corners on the packed berm. I deleted my post since the info isn't relative to your project. I was concerned about you sliding on bare pavement. Snow bike studs are big, like yours so they should work on an icy track. I don't know if I would have the guts to try it on ice though. My lake at camp freezes before the snow. You can skate on it. I would like to take your idea and put skate blade on the front and studs on the rear.

Wow a ski. I bet that would work on a groomed icy snowbike trail. The ski would ride around the corners on the packed berm. I deleted my post since the info isn't relative to your project. I was concerned about you sliding on bare pavement. Snow bike studs are big, like yours so they should work on an icy track. I don't know if I would have the guts to try it on ice though. My lake at camp freezes before the snow. You can skate on it. I would like to take your idea and put skate blade on the front and studs on the rear.

It's definitely an interesting ride, I should have made the bracket with a pivot point to it. The way I did it is a solid mount and the only spring to it if from the front tire being under inflated.
If I had taken more time, it probably would have worked better. As long as I don't try to steer it into turns and can take a wide berth it does fine.

If you get a chance to check out some of the ski bikes online you might get some ideas on a good way to mount it.

It's definitely an interesting ride, I should have made the bracket with a pivot point to it. The way I did it is a solid mount and the only spring to it if from the front tire being under inflated.
If I had taken more time, it probably would have worked better. As long as I don't try to steer it into turns and can take a wide berth it does fine.

If you get a chance to check out some of the ski bikes online you might get some ideas on a good way to mount it.

Two of my friends made ski bikes this winter. One used a very small girls bike with something like 12 inch wheels and a long seatpost and shorter stem so he would be bent for aerodynamics. No wheels, just a long single ski. They had a downhill race. I guess it didn't end as they expected but they had fun.

Finally changed tires today Thanks to some random swap meet gifts.
e15a4dd75534a978627be880f56e906b.jpg

ce582d145f88862346856b21cf9479aa.jpg

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back