Outskirtscustoms finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I removed the rear wheel and it's worse than I thought. It looks like it hit a curb hard and bent the rim, I got the rim itself straightened out where it hit but I trued it as best I could and had one spoke snap. It still rubs the frame a bit so I think I might end up dumping it as a project if I can or waiting till I can find another 27 inch rear wheel.

outskirtscustoms said:
Well I removed the rear wheel and it's worse than I thought. It looks like it hit a curb hard and bent the rim, I got the rim itself straightened out where it hit but I trued it as best I could and had one spoke snap. It still rubs the frame a bit so I think I might end up dumping it as a project if I can or waiting till I can find another 27 inch rear wheel.
Wish you was close I have more then a few 27 inch rear wheels Id give you

Well I listed it on Craigslist as a project and got a call on it last night around 9pm and he's on his way now. Said he's a collector of Japanese bicycles and I wasn't asking a bad price for it, I suspect he'll talk me down a bit on price but that's to be expected. Love me a quick flip!

dragnusa said:
Its got a nice tall frame, college kids should like that.
Yep, 23 inch frame 34 inch stand over.

Yep, and it gave me some money to hit up some garage sales and the flea market today. I found some DEALS!!!

Dale Earnhardt Sr. sheet and pillowcase set $3 (I'm an Earnhardt fan)
Like new World Industries (skateboarding) shoes $1.... I think they are like $50-$80 shoes!
Two die cast cars $1 for both (I can't resist cheap ones to add to my collection)
a tire and rim looking clock $1 (Kinda looks like a Corvette rim)

and best of all TWO bikes at the flea market One is a 70's or '80's Huffy touring bike in great shape and other is a Quasar mountain bike. Both are girl's bikes but $6 for BOTH! That's a no brainer.

Pics here in a few just got home.

Well I was out and about today hunting for a deal and I found a few, First I stopped in at a yard sale and found this cool wheel clock for $1. I have seen these at stores and wanted to get one but never did because of prices well now I got one on the cheap!

Then at the same sale scored these like new World Industries shoes for $1. If I'm not mistaken these are like $50-$80 new!

(Also scored a Dale Earnhardt Sr. sheet and pillowcase set for $3 and a few cool 1/24th scale die cast cars for $0.50 each)

Then scored these two bikes at the flea market for $6. Yes TWO bikes for SIX BUCKS!!! Guy knows I deal in bikes and asked me if I wanted to buy them both for parts. He said he paid $6 for both and if he could break even and get them out of his way I could take them.

First is this Quasar ladies mountain bike nothing special needs the wheels trued up a touch, rear one kinda rubs the brake pad just enough to be annoying.

And this Late '70's early '80's? Huffy Savannah touring bike 10 speed which is in GREAT shape, just needs a bit of oil in the cables (Stiff from sitting but are moving), needs a tube in the rear, and yes I know the front fender is on backward. :roll:

Kingfish should appreciate this name.

Suntour shifters and grips look like new

Nice Viscount seat

Got it all done and listed. Tube in the rear, front fender flipped, cables oiled and adjusted, and I adjusted the bars, shifters, and brake handles. Looks great, rides better, and everything works. It's up on Craigslist if anybody local is interested.

Should make for some quick flips. Huffy used the Savannah name on a few different bikes. I sold a tandem Savannah a while back.

Another day another dollar as they say, this one will be easy dollars. Nothing wrong with it mechanically at all! Little rust on the handlebars and seat post and it needs grips. Brakes and shifter work great, tires hold air, it rides fresh from the scrapyard!!! A guy actually traded it in for another bike they had that needed work. I took a load of scrap in I found down the alley and so for my scrap ($11.75) and a quarter out of my pocket I got a cool 6 speed Huffy Ocala?

I got it all done and ready for sale. Just adjusted the front fender a bit. Still needs grips but I don't have any right now and for a $40 sale I'm not gonna put more money into it.

Sold the Quasar ladies bike for $40! Woo Hoo. Quick profit! And dropped price on the Huffy. Sell baby sell... Daddy needs a new car! :lol:

Well that's Craigslist for you, one guy was a no show and another one showed up and nit picked over every little scratch and said the tires are old like it was a brand new bike. I told him it's a USED $40 bike, If I wanted to fix it perfect I'd loose money every time, I fix them well enough to ride and be dependable.

Just sold the Huffy Savannah touring bike for $50, Total of $90 from a $6 purchase! I love flippin' bikes! :D
Mo' money, mo' betta :mrgreen:

Shoes are spoken for pending payment. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back