Outskirtscustoms finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alienbaby17 said:
I appreciate the FREE service Craigslist provides but the flakes you have to deal with are amazing and almost make selling not worth the hassle.

Exactly, but for me turning two bikes I paid $6 for into $90 in a matter of a few days makes up for it. I have found when I put a phone number it cuts down on a lot of the spammers and childish stuff. Then it's mostly just no-shows and low ballers to deal with.

I got this E.T. Fraim Six lever lock at the local antique shop the other day to hang on the bars of RaTornado according to my research the company started in 1880 and was bought out in 1920 so this lock is somewhere in that time frame. no key and it doesn't close but it's just decoration anyway.

Fits perfect around the handlebar like it was made for it. The open end will not fit over it so the only way to get it on or off is to remove the grip so no worry of it falling off.

Looks kinda cool hanging there. I'm going to get a little bit of old junk chain to put on there with it to make it look as though it was locked up and the chain rusted through

Cool addition

Well not exactly bike related yet but some cool rat rod material. No idea what they are from but I got these for $5 I couldn't pass them up.

I see a couple of cool fender lights or under seat lights.

Hmmm... Well I thought they were off an old car. I paid $5 for the pair and they looked vintage so I'll find some kind of use for them. Kinda thinking of mounting them on my bike trailer.

deorman said:
Could be tail lights, :? how big are they?
Pretty big, I'll take some new pics with my tape measure next to them for reference.

Well I thought I'd never get rid of my Diamondback mountain bike but guess what? Yep the bike I have owned the longest out of the entire shed is now gone after rebuilding it from the ground up. I was out riding the moped and came across a yard sale and there it was... :shock: I looked at it, it looked at me... it was love at first sight :oops: I asked knowing I only had $20 in my pocket and he said he'd take $75 which would still be a good deal. I offered a trade, he stopped by my place and a deal was struck for my Diamondback and $20!

So what did I get?

You really wanna know?

You really wanna see?

Ok, I'll show you.

A KHS!!! What's really cool is I went to KHS!!! Kokomo High School :lol: :mrgreen: This one's a KEEPER!!!

I love this color, it's almost black but there is just a hint of green when the sun hits it.

Needs a bath but it'll just get dirty again :mrgreen: I can't wait to tear up the trails with it.

I almost forgot how much I missed disk brakes.

21 speed trigger shift just like the Diamondback

I couldn't find my tape measure so I just grabbed a common size reference. Also they are only one bulb and 2 wires so they might be some kind of clearance light. :?:

Re: After so much work!!! I traded up.

Finally figured out how to adjust the seat's tilt, it rode great but I got sick of playing ping pong with my boys if you know what I mean. :lol: Now it rides much better.

2 wires -- pull a bulb, they are likely tail/stop lights. They have an early MOPAR look to me, but I don't know what they are.

Back