Outskirtscustoms finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the old stuff used body/frame ground for the "third wire" unlike modern car electrical systems which have home run wiring.

Look for 2 filiments in the bulb. one would just be a marker type light, 2 would be most likely stop/tail lights.

Ah, thanks for the info guys I'll look at them again later today and check the bulb, I forgot about the body ground system. Wasn't thinking. :oops:

I figured whatever they are they are way cooler than the $5 I gave for them. :mrgreen:

Re: After so much work!!! I traded up.

jerrykr said:
Good Move!
I thought so too. I'll still miss the Diamondback though but this KHS will help me get over it.

Might not be Studebaker, I looked and they look similar but these do not curve around the fender and the Studebaker ones I saw had only 1 or 3 cross bars.

Cool.
I went with PAA on the lense which made me lean towards Packard. Studebaker was also one I checked because the little ribs on the bezel threw me. I'm going with Packard Regis, that's my final answer. :wink:
Either way, not a bad way to spend your lunch money.

I think once I flip a few more bikes I am going to get some better pedals. These things suck, they are like the cheap plastic ones you get on walmart bikes. Anybody got a line on good 9/16 bear trap style pedals in black that are reasonably priced?

Hsean said:
You want some **** peddles i have a pair of these on my cargo bike. fairly large peddle. but very durable and awesome looking. Just don't slip!!

http://www.alansbmx.com/8539/products/o ... s_1_2.aspx

Those are sweet, they remind me of the pair of Diamondback bear trap pedals on my Diamondback mountain bike and they were sweet! They were also shin shredders. :mrgreen: Wish I could find another set.

image-159_zps578005e2.jpg

Well I saw this seat on my local Craigslist a while back listed for $20 which is a good buy but I was down to my last $12. Well tonight I e-mailed and asked if he'd take $10...I figured it's worth a shot... being on Kokomo Craigslist it doesn't get lots of people looking and if he still had it I might get lucky...well he messaged back and said he'd take it and gave a phone number! I went ahead and gave him $12 since he was kind enough to deliver it to my door. And it's in better shape than the pics on Craigslist looked.

Seat is a Middlemore made in England. I've never heard of it but it looks very similar to a Brooks or Wright's saddle.

Excellent score!!!

Back