Paypal fees......

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I know it's common practice to those dealing on the internet but some still don't know you can send money on Paypal with no fees. Pretty easy to do. When you sign onto Paypal there is a tab at the top of the page to send money, click on that. That will bring up a box where you enter the email address and the amount, enter those. Right below the dollar amount are 2 tabs, purchase and personal. Click on personal, click on gift and send it.

I think some may feel guilty about this....you shouldn't! I've sold on Ebay for 10+ years and payed more than my share of Paypal fees with well over 500 transactions. Nice to know they offer this option......many don't know about it and you should use it :mrgreen:

I've used this option once to pay for goods, per a seller's request, but I would be hesitant to pay for an item, using this option, if I didn't feel the seller was 100% trustworthy, since I'm pretty sure PayPay would not offer any sort of buyer protection if the transaction went sour.

As a seller, I simply consider the fee when pricing something for sale. I never ask buyers to cover the fee. This is a big turn off for me and in many cases, I won't buy something from a seller who wants to add a "surcharge" to cover his fees. And as a seller, I much prefer receiving PayPal payments, as opposed to dealing with money orders. As a buyer, I much prefer to pay with Paypal, and have passed on items I've been interested in, due to sellers not accepting Paypal, but only money orders.

Paypal is quick and effortless, and the fee is a small price to pay for a "couch potato's dream come true"!

We are not talking about transactions through Ebay.......there is no buyer protection on transactions outside of ebay...fees or no fees when using Paypal for private transactions. Dealing outside of Ebay or authorized venders of Paypal when using Paypal for payment of private transactions it's buyer beware......know your seller. When dealing with buyer protection using Ebay it's seller beware....you could lose your item and your money.

This is a small self goverened community at RatRodBikes.com...screw somebody and your done. Treat those as you'd want to be treated.

I'm no rookie to internet transactions and there is nothing wrong with asking for payment in this manner.....you have to deal at your own comfort level though at anything in life. Short of chickens (and I'd probably take those) I've accepted every form of payment you can think of on here and other forums I've dealt on.

Jeff

Rooski said:
I've used this option once to pay for goods, per a seller's request, but I would be hesitant to pay for an item, using this option, if I didn't feel the seller was 100% trustworthy, since I'm pretty sure PayPay would not offer any sort of buyer protection if the transaction went sour.

As a seller, I simply consider the fee when pricing something for sale. I never ask buyers to cover the fee. This is a big turn off for me and in many cases, I won't buy something from a seller who wants to add a "surcharge" to cover his fees. And as a seller, I much prefer receiving PayPal payments, as opposed to dealing with money orders. As a buyer, I much prefer to pay with Paypal, and have passed on items I've been interested in, due to sellers not accepting Paypal, but only money orders.

Paypal is quick and effortless, and the fee is a small price to pay for a "couch potato's dream come true"!

I fail to see a difference....hide it or not.

Rooski said:
As a seller, I simply consider the fee when pricing something for sale. I never ask buyers to cover the fee. This is a big turn off for me and in many cases, I won't buy something from a seller who wants to add a "surcharge" to cover his fees.

I simply mentioned this as an option for those that don't know about it and use Paypal to pay other members of this community :mrgreen:

It's definitely a good option when dealing with folks you know or people you have had good transactions with before.

I have my doubts as to how long they will keep this option up.

Rat Rod said:

I often wonder about Craig's List also.

Rat Rod said:
It's definitely a good option when dealing with folks you know or people you have had good transactions with before.

Which is why I have never put it in print before on this site - didn't want to ruin a good thing. I've just been using word of mouth to spread this around on RRB for fear if someone outside the RRB community should see this posted it could become an issue with changes following. Get it while it's hot!

Sounds like a great way to get reported to Paypal and e bay and get your privileges revoked. Who cares about the fees I need some type of write off at the end of the year.

seetheusachevy said:
Sounds like a great way to get reported to Paypal and e bay and get your privileges revoked. Who cares about the fees I need some type of write off at the end of the year.
My only income is what little I can scrape together breaking down bikes and selling the parts. The answer to your question is "Me".

Back