Please show me your real Rat Rods..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely love the Loaf Pan idea :shock: :arrow: :idea: :mrgreen:

mikesbikes36 said:
IMG_20110714_140100.jpg

:mrgreen:

outsider13 said:
I was just thinkin' a good old fashion RAT build off,,,,,NO re chrome, powder coat, custom leather, or PRO Paint work, In other words NO Big $$$.= Just Parts pile, mixing and matching, a little cleaning and good creativity. Rust , spray bomb, grease and great ideas'
but anyway here's some of mine.
IMG_5330xx.jpg

IMG_5330xx.jpg

:shock: :shock: :arrow: :idea: :arrow: :mrgreen: 8)
I would be up for that Great idea :D :D

OK, how's this? My 1938 Colson-built Firestone Sentinel. It looked like it'd been drug out of a hedgerow when I bought it. The wheels wouldn't roll due to the misshapen, hardened, dry-rotted tires. I was concerned that my $65 had been poorly spent.
P1014244.jpg

After a bit of cleaning, lubing, and fresh tires:
P1014296.jpg

P1014303.jpg

It turns out that its actually red! That wasn't apparent when I brought it home - this bike has patina that can't be faked. However, every single piece of hardware came free, even the axle adjuster screws, with a little PB Blaster. Aside from the obvious tire swap, I replaced the pedals with some others I had, since they were bent and missing parts. Also, the stem was pretty bent, so I swapped on one from a JC Higgins that I was parting out, and inverted the Schwinn bars that the Higgins had been using. The original Torrington bars are stashed away. The grips came from a Sears 24" bike I have, they were the only ones I had that resembled the tattered original grips on the Torrington bars. Heck, I should've waited and used this for my RRBBO7 entry. I bought just before the BO started, so it would've worked if I were more patient...

outsider13 said:
I was just thinkin' a good old fashion RAT build off,,,,,NO re chrome, powder coat, custom leather, or PRO Paint work, In other words NO Big $$$.= Just Parts pile, mixing and matching, a little cleaning and good creativity. Rust , spray bomb, grease and great ideas'
saber617 said:

outsider13 said:
but anyway here's some of mine.
)

Just throwing it out there,Undergroundvelo forum is having a build off,starts Oct.1st
There is a Run what ya brung class...No paint except for wheels...No new parts either.

dogdart said:
outsider13 said:
saber617 said:

Sorry, didn't see this when I posted.....

My 37/38 Elgin Oriole, Schwinn forks, Elgin truss rods, justrite headlamp for a headlight, old tailight for rear light(both LED conv), bunch of BMX drivetrain parts plus stem, Electra saddle bag darkened to seat leather color, newer bullhorn handlebars really wide.

IMG_1471.jpg

I like the bikes guys great jobs . There are a couple that i really like . Thanks for posting ...

here is what Wisconsin has to offer 8)

DSCN0274.jpg

DSCN8247.jpg

DSCN6500.jpg

Since there is no definition allowed of "rat rod" on this site, then basically any bike thrown together on here is a "real rat rod".

Even something as freaky as Fugsley.

early "ratty" stage

Photo_409219BF-6152-9F46-FBBA-F1BD9D8FFF9A.jpg

finished product

DSCN1520.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back