Poor Man’s Manta Ray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awesome build next upgrade besides sissy strut. 3 speed hub and frame stick shift?
I’d really LOVE to do the 5 speed rear wheel, derailleur and frame stick on this…. I’m not sure I want to sink that much $$$ and time into this thing!!!!!

for months I looked for a 24” 10 speed on the cheap. I lost patience and just did the single speed, coaster brake with the mag chain ring.

-I do like all the parts on this thing (95% anyway) are Original to the bike or Schwinn, anyway.

if I come across a 24” 10 speed on the cheap, preferably Schwinn, I’ll upgrade, but that’s a lot of work not just upgrading the wheel and gears, but adding the brakes too.

until then, I’m on the lookout for a cheap or fairly priced 5 speed stick mechanism and plan to use it on the 26” ‘Manta Rust’ project I have waiting in the wings.

(combine 26” Schwinn camelback with collegiate 5 speed w/ FFS: make it look like a 26” manta ray with patina)

074DAD34-4CCC-4A85-AB7B-5BEA16262EDC.jpeg

Latest posts

Back