Post Triple Threat Lovefest

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, if you’re where I think you are I can imagine the market there being competitive. The cycling culture there has been established for decades as well as the kustom auto kulture.

I live near the eastern margin of Fresno county. There’s a good local interest in bicycling, but the interest in cars/trucks is 1000x.

There is still some custom manufacturing culture on the coast, & not much around here. What there was has been driven out/down by the EPA.

I bought a kickstand made in America from a local shop last week and I almost dropped it from the shock.

I live near the eastern margin of Fresno county. There’s a good local interest in bicycling, but the interest in cars/trucks is 1000x.

There is still some custom manufacturing culture on the coast, & not much around here. What there was has been driven out/down by the EPA.

I bought a kickstand made in America from a local shop last week and I almost dropped it from the shock.
The fact that you could still buy one from a shop is a nearly miraculous feat. I’d have to source one from salvaging or web surfing.

It’s not old. Still being made.
Good to know. Will search more diligently in the future. Honestly not a “weight weenie” per se, but you just can’t prop your steed on random things all of the time.

I missed posting my final build and didn’t come back to vote, I wasn’t super useful in this one but normally like the winter build off

Good to know. Will search more diligently in the future. Honestly not a “weight weenie” per se, but you just can’t prop your steed on random things all of the time.

It’s no showpiece, but with effort could look better. Lots of casting flash.

GDC must be “Greenfield Die Casting”

9729FDCF-9345-4645-A017-4987043FF3B4.jpeg

AA70E760-DFDC-4FFC-A050-58FCF13CDDFA.jpeg

Oh wow. I’ve actually acquired some of those before. They usually were attached to bicycles however

Just picked up a good candidate for the skinny builds. Too bad it didn't come along at the beginning!

1978 All original 27" Schwinn Varsity Camelback
View attachment 223666
Love a schwinn Camelback I've come close to having a few varsitys but they've been to tall Im barely five feet tall. The Camelback would be the solution.

Honestly I wouldn’t touch a thing on it, but considering whose possession it’s in I’m sure that any alterations will be tastefully done. Observing with keen interest.

Latest posts

Back