Post your 26 bmx cruisers here...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OrangeCircle1022-13.jpg

As found original build - had to replace the chain - tires - tubes - grips & brake pads - added pedals - seat cover & bell ... flash rust from barn found in .. Ridden not Hidden - Frank

Last edited:
uhaul rented bikes?
I tried to buy a folding bike from one of them. The guy said it wasn’t for sale (although it was listed on the website at the time) beforehand I bought a flip flop fixie that I’m planning on modding soon. But yeah, U-haul dabbles in bikes (some are actually halfway decent).

@Robertk
Nice bike. Can you give us the build specs?
This cruiser has been a long time coming. Very happy with the way it came out. I highly recommend picking up a frame from Rex. You won’t be disappointed! Build details can be found here http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...anta-barbara-cruiser-build.81419/#post-860722 • SB Cruiser Cro-Mo frame #030 JH • Dormant Orange • Landing Gear fork • Ruf Neck retro stem by Knight bike Company • Chris King Threadless Headset • SE headset spacer • Atomic Paul's Crook Bros nickel plated bars cut down to 31" with Brooks Honey grips • Rapid Al’s nickel plated braced seatpost • Honey Brooks B17 saddle • Shimano 600 cranks with Truvativ Converter and Shimano BB • Suntour 42t chainring • NOS Cycle Pro MX pedals • 26” Todestrieb Polished Rims • High flange Sunshine front hub laced with stainless spokes • Bendix Redband laced with stainless spokes • Michelin Country Rock tires

Nice bikes! I particularly like your Kuwahara build. So clean!

Having recently started riding pump track & widening my bicycle addiction with a Framed 29er, I want to acquire a 26" bike. Was going to use a mountain bike frame as the base to build something up but since I wasn't allowed to ride/race BMX as a youth I want a new bike that I would have had BITD. Have narrowed my choices to 2 steel & 2 aluminum bikes. I am curious of your impression of your Redline PL-26 as it is one of the steel options I'm considering. What do you like or dislike about it? The other steel bike I'm considering is a Monza 26".

Redline has an aluminum 26" that I am considering in the SQB-26 if anyone has insight.

At the top of my list(I think) is another aluminum bike. The Race Inc. RA26-R is very attractive to me. I really like where these folks are going with their bikes & component partners with Toby Henderson at the helm.

If anyone can share their experience with any of these bikes it would be greatly appreciated. These 4 bikes fit what I am looking at since they were around in the beginning & had great desire to own one as a kid. They have the old school look with modern technology & not one of the hoards of SE variations.

Thanks for sharing folks! Lots of great info in this thread. As usual.... ✌️

Having recently started riding pump track & widening my bicycle addiction with a Framed 29er, I want to acquire a 26" bike. Was going to use a mountain bike frame as the base to build something up but since I wasn't allowed to ride/race BMX as a youth I want a new bike that I would have had BITD. Have narrowed my choices to 2 steel & 2 aluminum bikes. I am curious of your impression of your Redline PL-26 as it is one of the steel options I'm considering. What do you like or dislike about it? The other steel bike I'm considering is a Monza 26".

Redline has an aluminum 26" that I am considering in the SQB-26 if anyone has insight.

At the top of my list(I think) is another aluminum bike. The Race Inc. RA26-R is very attractive to me. I really like where these folks are going with their bikes & component partners with Toby Henderson at the helm.

If anyone can share their experience with any of these bikes it would be greatly appreciated. These 4 bikes fit what I am looking at since they were around in the beginning & had great desire to own one as a kid. They have the old school look with modern technology & not one of the hoards of SE variations.

My opinion and preference would be

RA26 - great geometry and outstanding looks. Still bummed I missed out on their black Friday festivities and steep discount

SQB26 - do it all workhorse. Virtually bulletproof

PL26

Monza

The 2012-2013 Kos has a very well made double butted chromoly frame with great geometry. Some of the components are a little average but easily replaced as I did to mine.

Not easy to find as I believe only 60 went to the USA. I picked mine up for less than $400 2 years ago but prices have appreciated considerably since then.
8F9E22AD-8E5A-47F9-9DE1-311EABEABD6D.jpeg

05F3C13A-2034-486D-900A-8746EAC954CB.jpeg

Latest posts

Back