prewar schwinn build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sensor said:
try and cave out some time for the ride next month while youre at it :mrgreen:
i really want to see it in person!

Fer sure. I like riding around downtown/midtown.

Visited Karfer at college cyclery and loaded up on goodies. New black wheels and brooks saddle. The fat franks I've had for a little while now.

excuse the cruddy lighting, hopefully you get the idea:

schwinnmockup1.jpg

Well I guess not much looks different except the million little things that made in not done are done now thanks to Karfer. Rode it to work a few days ago, rides like an old Cadillac with worn out shocks. :D

DSCF1484.JPG

DSCF1486.JPG

DSCF1488.JPG

Gdcast said:
Very nice, I love the colour :!:

don't ya know yella is the universal color of being scared?

just kidding, awesome score!

one question, did ya sleep beside it in the garage the night ya got it, i would have. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: <seriously green with envy

That is a Very Nice Bike. ... Very Nice

I have an opinion on the hair pin ....... when you are done with it we can ... I will dye the seat ya had Black ..... NO CHARGE ok or for that matter what ever else ya come up with that ya like .... try the hairpin ... see what ya think . We can make it Black if ya like

Also have in hand Hunt Wilde black bullit grips NEW 4 sale ok.

Again very nice ...
Best wishes,
Stephen

Wingman said:
That is a Very Nice Bike. ... Very Nice

I have an opinion on the hair pin ....... when you are done with it we can ... I will dye the seat ya had Black ..... NO CHARGE ok or for that matter what ever else ya come up with that ya like .... try the hairpin ... see what ya think . We can make it Black if ya like

Also have in hand Hunt Wilde black bullit grips NEW 4 sale ok.

Again very nice ...
Best wishes,
Stephen

I appreciate the offer, unfortunately I'm too fat for the hairpin. When I sit on it it deforms and bends all over the place. Plus I really like the fancy brooks seat that's on it now.

Interested in the grips though

Back