UNLIMITED Pyle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Unlimited is looking a bit lonely and I got my basement clean out done. Somewhere in this pile in the truck is my c2. Mostly stuff on the passenger side but the Chinese mountain bikes have straight tubes to cut. Sunday is the plan to get an actual start on cutting and welding.
IMG_5484.jpeg
IMG_5485.jpeg

That yellow frame looks pretty cool.
I’m hoping to use that as my main or base. It’s an old Huffman that someone hacked the top tube out of long ago. It’s the only men’s frame in the pile aside from two cranbrooks.

There’s also the possibility my c2 is based off a tandem instead. My buddy who welds/who’s fab shop I use is debating a bike and I told him I’d build whatever he wanted. He’s 6’3” so his ideas are much different than mine.

That frame is so funky and super cool!

So got started on this today.
IMG_5566.jpeg
IMG_5567.jpeg

Started with a bit of extension, needed room to both clear the front wheel and relocate a bottom bracket.
IMG_5568.jpeg
Decided not to use a disc brake rear
IMG_5565.jpeg
this ladies Schwinn donated the head tube, rear triangle and bottom bracket
IMG_5570.jpeg

Double checking the planned ride heigh
IMG_5573.jpeg

The donor for the seat relocation.
IMG_5574.jpeg

The seat post will be cut down and will likely build a sissy bar/ backrest. Don’t want to fall on the tire the jack stand is under the new BB
IMG_5576.jpeg
at home so I can start doing some grinding and mock up chain lines. I plan to paint this one. Not go full rust like last years.

IMG_5596.jpeg
That’s one long chain, and it almost worked 😂
IMG_5597.jpeg
tiny vice to do a bit of clearance work
IMG_5599.jpeg
IMG_5604.jpeg
IMG_5605.jpeg
smaller front sprocket set up to hug as tight to the bottom bracket as possible.
IMG_5600.jpeg
That combination gave us a bit of clearance at the bottom.
IMG_5607.jpeg
This wasn’t enough to clear the top.
IMG_5606.jpeg
But the chain outside the seat stay almost works better on top.
IMG_5595.jpeg
3 hours and I got nothing accomplished other then proving the scwhinn parts are in distress 😂 tomorrow when I can make some noise I’ll give it another shot. If that fails it will become more cutting and welding

IMG_5627.jpeg
Turns out the best tool for the job was an old 2x4 and a hammer. After the vice smash of course
IMG_5629.jpeg

Not the prettiest solution but it allowed me to get it together enough to see if I could ride it.
IMG_5631.jpeg
This was a no go, the bars were way short and the skinny front tire flopped over easy. I had my kid video me riding it and yikes.
IMG_5643.jpeg
IMG_5642.jpeg

Swapping to a wider front tire and cutting down the seat post to lower it made it much easier to ride. Going to add some kind of small sissy bar/back rest because it’s easy to hit the tire.
Need some slightly taller bars as well, but don’t trust apes for this. Now it gets torn back apart!

Attachments

• IMG_5642.jpeg
    IMG_5642.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5632.jpeg
    IMG_5632.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5631.jpeg
    IMG_5631.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5629.jpeg
    IMG_5629.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5627.jpeg
    IMG_5627.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Looking good! Very low and cool. I like the second chain ring you put on. For some reason it seems to fit with the bike better? The first one looked a bit bulky. I dig the Navy sticker too, though I know you're not keeping it.

Looking good! Very low and cool. I like the second chain ring you put on. For some reason it seems to fit with the bike better? The first one looked a bit bulky. I dig the Navy sticker too, though I know you're not keeping it.
yeah the first one was just a bit to large to make the chain line work. also went down to a more modern wheel with an 18t sprocket for the same reason.

Nice rat stretch flow to this one. I'm digging it.
The NnimHos headbadge is a cool touch too.

Here is a chainline solution that @karfer67 used on his Far Out Flyer in WBO2017

1715284410072.png

1715284366942.png

1715284436679.png

Back