Rat / Rod Model Kit Bash Challenge 2023

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Dinghead Gremmy, & his..
Dual Quad Hemi".
20231121_080835.jpg

Screenshot_20231121_100224_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
My Entry is the Rattlin' Ratter. I do not think it meets the rules as it isn't a true "kit bash" of two kits. I submit it more as exhibition model not a contender. It is a 1/10 diamond frames that was intended to be built as a Dutch type bike not a board tracker. This was a $4.99 kit from China. Some hobby brass stock and Dollar Tree skeleton 6 pack. I painted black stain on the chrome and wiped it off to dull it down some.

The Rattlin' Ratter
20231018_092533.jpg

What I started with
What I started with.jpg

How it was intended to be constructed.
How it was intended to look.jpg

Scratch built 2-56 thread axles, tank, handle bars, and stem. Also made the truss rod's not shown in this scratch built parts shot. The Tank is .250 copper tubing with the ends soldered shut.
20231010_110319.jpg

The lower double top bar is aluminum and was installed and smoothed with JB Weld. This is before it was smoothed.
20231011_094033.jpg

Rattlin' Ratter the board tracker from the past standing by his ride.

20231018_085556.jpg

Rattlin' on his steed.
20231018_085455.jpg

20231018_085508.jpg

Dollar Tree skeletons that were disassembled, melted, posed and reassembled to make Rattlin'. The ones in this shot were sacrifices.
The bone pile.jpg

This was fun. While I was building this I found an actual model kit at Goodwill and am preparing parts for the next kit bash.

Last edited:
@metalchewy
What happen to Davey ?
Must Gotten eaten by the Hogs.
Davey needs some paint, and I need a thumb to hold him still so I can paint him. Tried with fingers and got paint on the table and floor when I dropped him.

I've missed the deadline completely by having the cast on. Been a bit frustrated, but finally had to let it go yesterday that I can't finish it. The wife tells me I get too serious sometimes. That didn't help at the time...

Sure wish there woulda been more entries.
Oh well: gave me something to do.. while chill8n in hotels. This build rang up a bill of $65. & was worth every cent..
For the rekaxation it brought.

I wish there were more also. Had fun doing what I could. Relaxing but painful on the car assemblies, made me not chicken out on the surgery. So good there. I will spend some time as my hand starts working again and finish it up.

@Kevin B and @KJV did we want a voting poll post? Or consider the bashed models finished, all as winners? I can create one this afternoon if you like?

Davey needs some paint, and I need a thumb to hold him still so I can paint him. Tried with fingers and got paint on the table and floor when I dropped him.

I've missed the deadline completely by having the cast on. Been a bit frustrated, but finally had to let it go yesterday that I can't finish it. The wife tells me I get too serious sometimes. That didn't help at the time...
Task orientation can be a good friend when just a little more effort solves a problem. On the other hand the more stressed I am the harder it is to just leave a task for when I am better able to do it best. There is certainly no one going to judge you here for doing clearly your best in the circumstances.

As always it's always fun to get into any build challenge.

I always use build-offs, and build challenges ...
To motivate me to do something.

If someone hosts this model get bash challenge again next year: I hope to see a bunch of entries. And maybe just allow a little more time frame on the deadline.

Here is our Christmas gift to ourselves this year .
@Kay is on cloud nine.
images.jpeg
images (1).jpeg
images (2).jpeg
images (3).jpeg
images (6).jpeg

images (5).jpeg
images (7).jpeg

2008 HHR 2LT
122k miles.

As always it's always fun to get into any build challenge.

I always use build-offs, and build challenges ...
To motivate me to do something.

If someone hosts this model get bash challenge again next year: I hope to see a bunch of entries. And maybe just allow a little more time frame on the deadline.

Here is our Christmas gift to ourselves this year .
@Kay is on cloud nine.View attachment 253678View attachment 253679View attachment 253680View attachment 253681View attachment 253682
View attachment 253683View attachment 253684
2008 HHR 2LT
122k miles.
KJV, are you going to get a picture of it next to the panel truck? I think that would be cool. I like your HHR.

Back