"RATS-ALT"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "RATS-ALT" (REAR rack, chainguard?)

Thanks again guys.

Gdcast said:
I´m the DUMB one, dunno if it´s tank, rack or chainguard, heII, it looks like a steampunk mini vacuum cleaner from this side of the world! :oops: :lol: :lol:
What ever it is, throw it in, looks cool :wink:
I used the word DUMB, probably subconsciously, because "I" think it's dumb! They were just lying there and for a split second I thought it could make a cool exhaust .. Steampunk mini vacuum cleaner! :lol: :lol:

erichitscar said:
Hi, I'm new to the forum, and you've already become an inspiration for me! Keep it up, the bike looks killer so far! I'm entering the build off, but I plan on voting for yours! :mrgreen: Also, I'm heading to the hardware store tomorrow to pick up a conduit bender! I can't wait to break something!
I'm honored that my "simple" builds inspire people...Thanks!

karfer67 said:
how many of those racks do you own kota? well other than two less? still love this bike
You're right, TWO less now! But on the positive side. I can now make a "Steampunk mini vacuum cleaner" DUAL exhaust.:lol: ...I think I bought THREE for $10 at a swap meet a few years ago. I always liked the way they looked, especially raked forward....Just time for a different look.

Re: "RATS-ALT" (REAR rack, chainguard?)

WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN BADGES!....Wouldn't see it anyway.

013-5.jpg

Re: "RATS-ALT" (no stinkin badges)

Lady's and Gents... we have a winner!!!!

Ok, my wife is officially jealous now :? :lol:

KOTA: I'm lovin this bike so far!!! I saw in your 1st post you said "This will be the most WILD and DANGEROUS bike I've done yet (Translate: STUPIDEST and most UNCOMFORTABLE)." Isn't that also the definition of COOL? :?: 8) :lol:

pick said:
KOTA: I'm lovin this bike so far!!! I saw in your 1st post you said "This will be the most WILD and DANGEROUS bike I've done yet (Translate: STUPIDEST and most UNCOMFORTABLE)." Isn't that also the definition of COOL? :?: 8) :lol:
I can live with that definition! :lol: :lol:

Cool, really cool.

Can't wait to see the side.

Thanks again guys!

Got a little more stuff done this week.
Headlight: mounted
Rear Sliders, rack: mounted (just in case operator "dumps" it. :roll: )
Extra FUEL tank (mini beer keg): mounted...Thanks Rob, I told you I wouldn't mount it the same as you.
Tank: mounted. Used elevator bolts
Seat tube: Trimmed an inch. ( I forgot you can DO that)
Chainguard: NOT mounted. Tied in place with string....NOT done with chainguard.
Getting There:...NOT quite, ALMOST! (it's gonna get Rat painted)

003-20.jpg

004-22.jpg

Re: "RATS-ALT" (ALMOST)

Closer pics.
Is it RAINING out: YES
Do I CARE: NO! Bike can't get any rustier then it is.

Have to look at these for a while. Don't know if I like them...They'll be black.
010-4.jpg

Will also get painted.
009-9.jpg

Bars ARE spaced evenly. Hard to get the right camera angle to see.
011-8.jpg

Bro, that is one BAD "BEEP" bike with attitude. Tank is perfect & chainguard kicks "BEEP". Looks wicked! Looks like it's moving when it's standing still. Keg idea is really cool! 8) :mrgreen:

pick said:
Bro, that is one BAD "BEEP" bike with attitude. Tank is perfect & chainguard kicks "BEEP". Looks wicked! Looks like it's moving when it's standing still. Keg idea is really cool! 8) :mrgreen:
KEG idea was NLCTVWguy, Rob. He got them at Ocean State Job Lot. I PM'd him and he said that's why he mentioned the store, so US guys can get them. I paid $4 for it and it came with some real COOL (ugly) shorts....So far that's the ONLY money I spent, and I'm not counting it as cost for the build...Cause I'm WEARING the shorts right NOW!

KOTA said:
pick said:
KEG idea was NLCTVWguy, Rob. He got them at Ocean State Job Lot. I PM'd him and he said that's why he mentioned the store, so US guys can get them. I paid $4 for it and it came with some real COOL (ugly) shorts....So far that's the ONLY money I spent, and I'm not counting it as cost for the build...Cause I'm WEARING the shorts right NOW!

Kook idea! Just don't show us a pic of you in the shorts!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

pick said:
Kook idea! Just don't show us a pic of you in the shorts!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

OH YEAH!.....There coming now!

i love this bike it is just well bad ummm sorry cant say the rest of what i am thinking. what is your pedal clearance like at the bottom of the stroke? and iduno if i would paint it i like it like that myself. keep it up

Back