Red Rider

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news: pedals came out nice
6A15A6DA-2EEA-4AFD-B59D-CE19D54275D7.jpeg
F4C7991B-38AF-486E-A0BE-4A06F597C722.jpeg

Bent Spindle?

Repairing those pedals would be a hassle and finding a replacement would be much easier. If the cage had bendable tab connectors, I'd say you could easily replace the spindle.
HA-HA!!!!! I know it!!!!!!

I’m….. a doof! So, I’m meticulous on my costs for all my bike stuff. I’ll even calculate fuel and tolls if I have a drive more than a few miles to get a bike.

I have a manufacturing background and Ive actually done builds where I tracked my hours and divided them up again my net profit after a sale!!!

Im acting like a tight wad on these pedals, as I only have $5 into the bike! Replacing the pedals will cost more than the bike!!!!:rofl:

I’ll look out in the storage garage and see if I have a set I can throw on. I actually have the Jonesey bike and that FFS step-through Schwinn I could grab pedals off of for this, but I hate robbing Peter to pay Paul. It seems to always end up being cheaper if I “just buy another bike!”

Last edited:
It seems to always end up being cheaper if I “just buy another bike!”
That's how I ended up with 22 bikes and counting. I buy it for parts then either don't have the heart to sacrifice it for the greater good or I do sacrifice it to the greater good but can't bring myself to scrap it for $2 instead of hanging onto it even though it has no value outside of scrap metal.

That's how I ended up with 22 bikes and counting. I buy it for parts then either don't have the heart to sacrifice it for the greater good or I do sacrifice it to the greater good but can't bring myself to scrap it for $2 instead of hanging onto it even though it has no value outside of scrap metal.
EXACTLY!!!!!

Guess how I got my frame... 😜🤣
Building #18 now if counting right...

Bad news: this one is about wasted!

Does anyone know if “an axle is an axle”?

I have a bunch of old pedals I could tear apart and put a replacement axle in?

-hope my crank arm is ok.
View attachment 212812

All you need is a Keithbar axle straightener. Works like a charm.😉
I don't have a picture but it's a hardened steel bar threaded on each end for right & left pedals. Clamp the pedal in a vise & use the bar as a lever/guage. Easy peasy. My friend Keith had them made & was selling a long time ago. Think he recently sold the last of them to some Cabe members.

Got this cheap on eBay.

I’ve been wanting to try one for a while.

I’ve seen a number of reviews on this specific brand and they all sound the same…. “I can’t believe this thing is actually pretty comfortable.”

We shall see! It FEELS like a $12 seat!!!!!
View attachment 213302View attachment 213303
I've got 3 of those. Bought them off Amazon for $9 each. They have a remarkable amount of "spring"

IMG_20210906_083738344~2.jpg

Latest posts

Back