RetroWreckTion, It's Alive (Version.0)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RetroWreckTion

Herr_Rudolph,

Awh Yes, the details:

Attached wire mesh & rivets to the sprocket; Gold leaf the top bracket, attached reinforced coil spring & copper fitting to lengthen & embellish the kickstand; inserted coil spring covers, lightly knurled copper grips and blackpainted copper fitting between coils & grips on the handle bars; stripped the hard rubber seat pan, textured with truck bed paint & top coated with rubberized paint, gold leafed the springs & rivets. made a small seat compartment from a juice can with large washers, domed light caps & copper hangers.

The pedals are a work in progress, so far just added rivets on the face of the pedal & first paint coat.

Overall still need to clean up and detail all the parts (still in fab stage on the parts).

Those copper grips are s-a-weeeeeet! Dude, how did you do that? Not on this build, but I hope you don't mind if someday I copy that! Love the build so far.

Great imagination = Great build! I love the COLORS.

someone said this was the year of gold chains, not gold leaf! :mrgreen: seriously though, i like what you've done here. very impressive!

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Just finished the front fender & bar combo.

RetroWrckFrntendTop1.jpg

RetroWrckFrontend.jpg

Thanks Nelvoks; loving direction your build is going.

finished seat, compartment, rear shocks & tailight.

RetroWrckTailLight3.jpg

Herr_Rudolph,

Thanks for the comments. I hoping to have more in the works soon.

Re: RetroWreckTion, REDUX

Curses! The Quick Brick Tires & Wide Rims did not fit under the fenders; and tried spreading the fork for extra width and managed to bugger up the fork. SO, I am back to the drawing board with a different fork and fabbing new fenders (previous fenders are going on another build). In addition, the new look doesn't look right with the current tank design, so this too will need revamping.

Some progress pics hopefully soon.

Thanks SlowRider, it makes the disappointment of starting over easier to take.

Here is the rough mockup, sans tank and a new "Strumpet" headlight.

RetroWrckTnII-1.jpg

Back