RetroWreckTion, It's Alive (Version.0)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RetroWreckTion

The light is comprised of brass plumbing connection rod, solar light top & copper mesh.

Herr_Rudolph,

This is quite a compliment coming from the Fender Maestro; nobody does fenders like you do.

GDcast,

"Victorian Futuristic War Bike"; Yeah, that's it. Glad you like the redirection of the build.

2dawgs said:
GDcast,

"Victorian Futuristic War Bike"; Yeah, that's it. Glad you like the redirection of the build.

Liking it? I love it! :wink:

Skipton & GDcast,

Thanks for the much appreciated encouragement.

Put a faux springer on and front fender embellishment (not sure if it's going to stay).

RetroWrckTNIIII.jpg

Very good, is consistent with the rest. My vote is for you to leave them there...

GDcast,

Thanks for your much appreciated input. The front fender embellishments are staying. I did improve the design on the lower shocks; will post a pic Thursday.

Scott & Fsjaak,

Thanks for noticing. Hope to use more common household stuff to complete the build.

Finished the front end springer, chain guard, sprocket; about half way mark. Working on some front fender stays for now.

RetroWrckTn6.jpg

RetroWrckTn5.jpg

RetroWreckTion

Awesome build so far. Really crosses classic and crass well. Might I suggest a little copper on the cranks and rear rack with copper lettering or pinstripes on your tank to tie those parts in with the rest. Nothing much just a touch of flair to set it off. Really a fan either way, your build is sweet.

DevilDuckie,

Excellent suggestions; definitely will work in a little more flash. The tank is just raw sheet metal now, have some ideas for punching it up.

Re: RetroWreckTion, Tri-Focal Headlight

So I was in a thrift shop & spied these binoculars. I have tried two other lights and have decided on this one for the build.

RetroWrckTn8.jpg
\

RetroWrckTn7.jpg

Re: RetroWreckTion, Redux Headlight

Dude. . . are we twins that were separated at birth? Love the binocular application. At the risk of sounding like "me too", I did a very similar thing some time ago combining the glasses with an old camera. I'm surprised more people haven't already done this since the binoculars are just so cool. Great job!

Back