Rockin' Rollfast - Finally a Video!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That modified frame looks pretty good in Black!
Yeah they always do! Everrytime I paint a bike a color I look back at the primer pics and think man it looked good black... So this time I got the hammered black, and I'm going to try hitting that with a red clear coat afterwards...hammered black cherry...

Carl.

Looking forward to seeing some chromy stuff on there. ;):rockout:

Looking forward to seeing some chromy stuff on there. ;):rockout:
That sweet rack should balance with the chrome front end. I have a black rack that didn't flow, but it fits my clunker well, so it went that away... now I'm looking for the right SA shifter....

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

Last edited:
View attachment 23013
I'm using this frame, forks and back tire.
This was the bike I planned on building for the ORBO,
but there are too many pinholes & rust in the seat and chain stays for off road.
She's going to be a stretched boardtracker.

Carl. :rockout:
^ From the first post...
Hmm, well maybe not so much a boardtracker as a dragstripper. I'm going to go get the red clear and the tankalifier frame today, in the midst of honeydews...

Carl.

Primer, paint, clear, and clear.
cdf223af4e57c2fa407db5c5ae7c6a7f.jpg

I'll have a black cherry sparkle please....

Carl.

Weld job looks good Carl! Nice work on the stretch design! [emoji106]

Luke.
Thanks! Means a lot coming from you. I'm going to try a steal a little time today for some assembly. Hopefully there's a bit of Sun too. I want to see this thing in the light.

Carl.

The more hardener(activator) you use, the quicker you have to work. Use less hardener or make smaller batches to ease working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No sunlight today...
It's odd to me how red clear Testors over Hammered black Rustoleum comes out Root Beery, but it's also a happy accident that it looks so well against the tweed.

Carl.

Paint really give the bike a different look I like the color looks good . I would be curious how banana seat would look on there.keeping it low seems like it would fit the long lean bike .

Paint really give the bike a different look I like the color looks good . I would be curious how banana seat would look on there.keeping it low seems like it would fit the long lean bike .

No banana. Chrome rear rack on the way, and I need room for the guitar.... a banana is also too easy.

Carl.

Cloudy and cool here too. Like the color. Should be perfect if you use Fender tweed for the tanklifier.

RRFast 011.jpg

I've got enough to do one of my full size amps too!

Carl.

Cool! You could run the tanklifier through those seat springs and make it a reverb model..:p

Seriously though I think a comfy seat might look good on there. Looks like she'd be a good rider.

Chad that spring seat is more comfortable now than when it had the hard stitched leather seams on it with virtually no padding... the springer stays!
Here's a lil' update for ya...
The basic frame for my tank is done.
6fc906fce6d8480c7ed6e5d931362775.jpg

I shot a pictorial for the tank work, it'll be up later...

Carl.

So I did a little woodwork... cut a panel out of 3/8ths ply that fit between the tubes.
DSC00967.JPG

Then I used it to cut a couple pieces out of 1" thick cedar, roughly 1/2" or so bigger all the way around... note the belt sander clamped to my stand. I wish I had a spindle sander but I make do with what I have.
DSC00971.JPG
DSC00972.JPG

After screwing them together, I ran them thru the sander for a while and got them both evened up and smooth...
DSC00973.JPG

I routed what I could from the edges on both side of the tank then I screwed the plywood shape to one side of the tank. Then I used what I had to finish the routing on the inside curve of the tank... my 4" grinder! It actually worked so well that I used it for the rest of the smoothing and fitting. So what I was routing out was the curve of the bars, so that the wood halves will sit in the area between the bars.
DSC00975.JPG

DSC00977.JPG

here's backsides of the halves after I removed the crews that had them pinned front to front.
DSC00978.JPG

So here's where it's at now. Waiting for me to cut out the inside of the area where the speaker and amp circuit will nestle... looks pretty cool to me, I've got some more to do tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have the tweed on soon.
DSC00980.JPG

Carl.

Back