-ROLAND- FINISHED ((sneak peak))

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: -ROLAND- TRUMP CARD 7/16

That is an insane bike! I would be interested if you could help me out. I am working on a custom Hawthorne not in this contest, but I thought that seat bracket is a great setup and I'm wondering if you could maybe email me. [email protected] Thanks!

yeah I don't mind giving you some tips if you need them. Check out kuttnhack's build too. His seat set up is similar to mine, but he did a much better job of resolving the front mounting point. Mine seems to be strong enough, but it rattles/ klangs if I stand up on the bike :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=40034&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=75

Re: -ROLAND- mini update 7/12

Rockit! said:
You know what they say....the Devil's in the details :mrgreen:

100_5355.jpg

100_5358.jpg

How did I miss this detail!!!! That belongs on my build bike! I may have to plan some black ops mission to your shop. :p

Rockit! said:
Um, I think it's pretty obvious YOUR bike is beer powered. :lol: :lol:

True Dat! But is it possible to have too much beer?
Hello, I am Brian and I have a problem. :wink:

Re: -ROLAND- Opinions Please 7/19

It's getting to that point now, the dreaded "it needs something but I don't know what" stage. The tank is all cleaned up and ready to go; you can see it's just zip tied on for now. I have a couple more things to do to it before I mount it. My biggest thing right now is the chainguard.....it's not quite right. I'm thinking the color needs to change. I'm hoping to get it striped before the deadline, but I don't think that will fix it. Right now i'm leaning towards stripping the paint off and maybe gun-bluing it like the seat. Also the red tips on the forks have to go. So what do you guys think???? :| :?

roland005.jpg

roland003.jpg

i would personally strip the frame or paint the chainguard. it does stick out more than i would personally want to. another personal design note on the chainguard is on the top edge leading towards the front there is a semi point. imagine that part of the guard rounded to match the other curved areas of the bike. again dont take what i say with anything but salt oh had another idea because the tank has ribs what about ribs on the chain guard?

karfer67 said:
i would personally strip the frame or paint the chainguard. it does stick out more than i would personally want to. another personal design note on the chainguard is on the top edge leading towards the front there is a semi point. imagine that part of the guard rounded to match the other curved areas of the bike. again dont take what i say with anything but salt oh had another idea because the tank has ribs what about ribs on the chain guard?

Those are great observations... have you thought about aging the tank to match.
This bike is really rich in killer details, I have enjoyed watching this build!

I like the idea of ribs on the chainguard.
Don't paint the frame, it has such a cool patina when you look at the other detail pics you have.
I would say to maybe paint the guard in a distressed orange or red like you have on the forks. Mabe just the flat side face of it and the the edge and fin chrome.

Actually, that flat face of the guard would be a great place to have a flat black background and some wicked flames or racing number or some sort of graphic.

kingfish254 said:
I would say to maybe paint the guard in a distressed orange or red like you have on the forks. Mabe just the flat side face of it and the the edge and fin chrome.

I'd take that one further and say paint the guard AND paint the valve covers in the same color. But paint the covers only between the ribs.

Great build BTW, it's looking really cool!

More opinions means more sleepless nights for ya! let me throw my 2 pesos in this. how about you shine up the fin and take the white background to bare metal leaving the welds au natural. like kingfish said, you can always add graphics and/or letters or numbers to the bare metal and then clear coat. you have a lot of details throughout the bike and i think the welds are another, why not highlight them. you've got an awesome build and you've taken it to another level by casting your own parts, darn you! again, just 2 pesos worth (and it ain't much after the conversion).

Kustom_G said:
More opinions means more sleepless nights for ya! let me throw my 2 pesos in this. how about you shine up the fin and take the white background to bare metal leaving the welds au natural. like kingfish said, you can always add graphics and/or letters or numbers to the bare metal and then clear coat. you have a lot of details throughout the bike and i think the welds are another, why not highlight them. you've got an awesome build and you've taken it to another level by casting your own parts, darn you! again, just 2 pesos worth (and it ain't much after the conversion).

Yes, this is an awesome build as is. I agree with G that the chainguard welds are cool. So maybe just something to darken the flat metal between the welds.

Whether you leave it as is or change it up, this is an incredibly cool a.z.z. bike!!!

deorman said:
Ditch it. :|

Yeah, that's the ticket, change frames. I think you should use a Next bike from wally world. :p :p :p

Not feelin' the chainguard. Cool bike by the way :D

kingfish254 said:
deorman said:
Ditch it. :|

Yeah, that's the ticket :p :p :p

OK, I'll play :mrgreen: >
rolandstuff057.jpg

It just seems stylistically incongruent to me. (Dis doen't go wit dat :p )

You gentlemen obviously don't realize that is a one-of-a-kind, trademarked, Eskimo Fish chain guard. :lol:

Thanks for the input!! I think I know what I'm gonna do............ :wink:

Rockit! said:
You gentlemen obviously don't realize that is a one-of-a-kind, trademarked, Eskimo Fish chain guard. :lol:

Thanks for the input!! I think I know what I'm gonna do............ :wink:

Keep Eskimo Fish... I named it. :D

Back