RRBBO -Rat Rod Biker Build Off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clothespin "n" said:
dumpster_diver said:
I will throw in a bike. I like that awesome airplane!!

yaa like that Plane Dumpster Diver?
I have one for sale $10.00 Plus shipping!

I will just beat you in the RRBBO. :mrgreen: :lol:
I might take one if ya got one!

I got out of the hobby 2 years ago and last summer I came across an old prewar Schwinn and in reasearching it on the Schwinn forum I came across this site in its infantcy and dove straight in building a bike again! btw ratrod my girlfriend wants your home address so she can come kick you in the butt for making this site hehe.. and btw everyone should buy a shirt or 2 from him to help support this place.... nuff said

Hi all! I stumbled across this board a couple of days ago and I want to know if it's ok to participate with this frame:
adler2.jpg

It's an Adler (=eagle) Sport frame, made in Frankfurt, Germany, in the early 50ies , and I want to set it up as fixed gear with cheap and used parts. I already started with cleaning and polishing the frame and fork (I want to keep the original painting, because it has "history").
If you don't mind, I want to throw it in.

why not outrage!

if you read all the Contest rules and you qualify then
enter your bike.I think it would be cool to see a Vintage
Road bike in the build.A lot of us are doing Classic
cruiser styles but hey!.....let's see what you can do
with that one..

welcome aboard.

Of course Outrage, I love fixed gears because they are hot rod bikes, and the best are made with used no-name parts and have the snot ridden out of them. My cruiser is a fixed gear, and I love it.

P1000775.jpg

I wear a 3X Bro.. i want a shirt, what do i do? .... u prob say LOSE SOME WEIGHT LARD BUTT!!B

ricksterr1221 said:
I wear a 3X Bro.. i want a shirt, what do i do? .... u prob say LOSE SOME WEIGHT LARD BUTT!!B

Yep, sold the 15 XXLs I had in the first month.

All I can say is, spend more time pedaling... :lol:

lol Thanks man, i ride so much in the summer, not in the winter though. I race kids for money across the school parkin lot, i beat a kid on this old racing bike won 10 buck lol it went 2 new tires. heres the bike i beat him on.
DSCF0310.jpg

I know I'm a little late, but I'd like to participate. I just want to double check a few things. I read many of the posts and I gather that it's ok to:

Cut/weld the forks
Fabricate parts
Weld stuff onto the frame (adding mounts, etc...)
Cold set the rear triangle (spread it to accept a wider hub)

Correct?

Back