Sailors port (garage) - Finds and more!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This little sweety popped up on my radar nearby this morning. It had been posted for 26 minutes (around 7 AM) and already had four likes. I texted the owner and put the rack on the truck. $100 for this no-miles 2012 Africabike 3. I've never seen one before today and didn't know the story (here) but I fell in love immediately.

It's been raining a lot so I haven't ridden her yet but that was just an excuse to spend some shop time with my first Kona.

Photos from the ad.

104858-1712974445-745162 (1).jpg

104858-1712974498-701208.jpg
104858-1712974491-440962.jpg

One hour later:
Basket and saddle came off first. Better seatpost and (test) Wald bars on a nicer Townie stem. Chain guard is plastic and rubs the crank arm so I dunno.

IMG_7429.jpg

We need the rain so I'll try to be patient

Last edited:
Cool bike, but you can tell the first article linked wasn't written by bike nerds...
"Built around a double cromoly steel, step-through, Kona 6061 aluminum-butted frame..."
Lolz about the rain, the bike was designed to be weatherproof. It's from the we(s)t coast

Cool bike, but you can tell the first article linked wasn't written by bike nerds...
"Built around a double cromoly steel, step-through, Kona 6061 aluminum-butted frame..."
Lolz about the rain, the bike was designed to be weatherproof. It's from the we(s)t coast
This is the one I meant to post lol

Back