Schwinn Phantom: Updated picture

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Seller has agreed to do $100. My question is, looking at the condition and missing parts is it even worth that? Let me know what you think guys (and girls)!

UPDATE: Got it home yesterday to find all the chrome is spray painted gold..... Working on getting that off. Few questions, this is a BG Goodrich badged schwinn. The serial number (on the left dropout) is H0796. I'm looking at serial number data bases and the H seems to put it in 1953 (which the seller told me when it was from) but the numbers aren't matching up. Is there a seperate database for BFG schwinns?

phantom.jpg

Shined her up and removed the gold rattle can job on the chrome parts. Not bad for $100 8)
DSC01028.jpg

Re: Schwinn Phantom

He wanted $300 for it but no one in this area buys old bikes so he just wants it gone because he is moving.

I really dont think it would be a good buy for you... That being said what is his address

Thanks Rick

rlhender said:
I really dont think it would be a good buy for you... That being said what is his address

Thanks Rick

Oh No he did-ent!!! :shock: ............Yes...BUY IT!...Run,Forrest,RUN!!!..........P 8)

Real good deal! :shock: Figure at least $150 for the frame and $150 for the fork :D

30+ for the pedals. 30 for the sprocket and 25-30 for the AS cranks. 20ish for the AS Seat post clamp 35 for the Stem if it has the AS bolt...that's all based on what I have seen at swaps and what I have sold parts for. Like everything it's what people are willing to pay but having said that and what everyone else as said, but it with a quickness.

Yeah, and that frame looks (from here, at least) like it has potential to clean up awful nice. A very nice original paint frame, with the pinstriping as vibrant as it is, would be sought after.

Yeah an OA bath for all the chrome bits and a gentle cleaning and some wax and it could be brought back easily. Then you can get a re-pop tank and decal set and you're all set.

I'm going to clean it up and see how I like it. I don't have the money to complete this bike so chances are it will get parted out. Stay tuned!

H0796 is the serial number. I think that makes it a 1953 but does anyone want to confirm that for me?

Definately not missing anything that is stamped on the dropout. Honest...I've checked several times.

Latest posts

Back