schwinn-sex on wheels

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
hi guys. i aint posted much because i've been workin on cars and motorpickles mostly lately, but i'm building this for a friend rite now.
he said he wanted a fixie, but i told him he really didnt. i've been wanting to build this '78 schwinn for a while, so here i go.
this is how i got it.
000_0003-3.jpg

i'l build it pretty close to this one i built last winter, but i'll be a free wheel(700cm) instead of a coaster brake 26"
000_0009.jpg

should be done in another week. i'll post the finished product later.

Re: schwinn for fun

Cool bike! I like the boardtracker look of yours, looks great on that frame with the curved top bar. I vote singlespeed over fixie, I'm currently building a SS World Sport. Are you keeping the original paint on this one?

no this sucker is gonna be black like all my bikes(well, exept for brown sugar).
i dropped it off at the powdwercoater friday.i should have it back maybe tomarrow.
in the meantime i cleaned and polisked all the hardware and bought some wheels/tires/BMX freewheel sprocket
000_0001-3.jpg

000_0004-1.jpg

I like that frame style, looks a lot nicer than the regular diamond. Should be a good looking bike when it's done.

Re: schwinn for fun(almost done)

got the frame and fork back from the powdercoater last nite.
i started assembly. i need a pair of thevers that should be in today.
if all goes smooth i should be tone tonite.
000_0002.jpg

Re: schwinn for fun is done

finished this puppy up earlier this week. it's 'sposed to be in the 70s today, so i'll take it for a spin after work tonite.
000_0004-3.jpg

12gaugesage said:
is that an old GT one piece crank/spider?

yes sir, well just the 2 peice chainring.
when i got the rear freewheel i asked my guy at the LBS what tooth sprocket would be a good size. not to slow, and not hard to pedal.
he said 42 or 43 tooth would be perfect. in the back of my head i thought this GT chainring was 44th. i counted later and was happy it was 43.
i thought the color and the style would be perfect for this bike.

and thanx

it dont get much skinnier 8)
000_0010-3.jpg

Re: schwinn for fun is comin back

so i've been daydreamin' for about a month about building another one of these camelback schwinns.
i cant find one close to home or my price range.
on a whim i called my buddy that i built it for and he said it's been wall art since the day he got it. :shock:
so i'm buyin it back and givin it a makeover.
stay tuned for pix & details

Re: schwinn for fun is comin back

got it back sat morning and started removing stuff.
first thing i did was remove the crank assy and put it on my franken-goose.
000_0017-6.jpg

000_0016-6.jpg

lookin for parts now. i know what i want i just gotta be patient till i find the cool bits

Re: schwinn for fun is back

000_0006-9.jpg

Re: schwinn INTERCEPTOR

IMG_50441.jpg

this is my 666th post and i thought i should post something evil or devilish, but i just cant do it(although i want to) :wink:
ya'll get this instead 8)

Soon I discovered that this rock thing was true
Jerry lee lewis was the devil
..... was an architect previous to his career as a prophet
All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world
So there was only one thing that I could do
Was ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long

Back