Shaft Drive Love

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jon

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there im kari =] jons daughter.. since my dads computer innept..... haha.i have to do all the pictures and stuff for him. anyway this is the crescent shaft drive -circa 1900's- finally got a picture up here so you can see it.
th_100_5360.jpg

100_5357.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
L8 EM

COOL!.......Teach him, Kari!

Ooo La La!!

Talk about beauty in simplicity. Looks like one of the first ergonomic seats too.

Wondering if that seat post is on backwards?

Man it don't get no better than that. WOW was right. Kelly bars and everything. I'm so :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

think of it this way ratrod, if it was on the other way and the seat came loose!!!!!!!! (mental pic needed)

jon said:
think of it this way ratrod, if it was on the other way and the seat came loose!!!!!!!! (mental pic needed)

Ha Ha...yes, could be an issue.

I'm just used to seeing those posts turned the opposite direction.

I have a sketch that was done in 1899 that shows a similar bike with the seat post positioned just like yours. It's suprising to me that bikes from the Victorian era have such simple lines when the architecture was so busy looking. Cheers.

im asking $1300.00, obo. the wheels are metal clads, kelly bars and that seat.

Cool bike.....I like the geometry of the frame. You should be able to get what you are asking price for the bike. A friend had a shaft drive in rough shape that he sold for 900 recently.

Back