Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deorman said:
Don't think they're using plug-in chips anymore. You can probably reset the fuel/air and timing settings with a laptop and appropriate software.

Yeah, digital reprogrammers...IMO, they are overhyped. If you install an open element air filter, the CPU will "see" the additional airflow and compensate with added fuel, to an extent. There's only so much air/fuel you can cram into a stock engine and still get results; beyond that, you have to rework the heads, the whole bit, or, use a bolt-on supercharger, like a Magnacharger. A few PSI of boost will outperform any combination of chip/programmer, filter and even the most expensive exhaust.

My partner at work reprogrammed his diesel truck that way, and it definitely ran stronger with no other mods at all. I would have to agree that 100hp boost, without a valve timing change, and significant increase in air/fuel hole sizes and/or pressure is overly optimistic, especially given the manufacturers trend towards squeezing more hp per displacement. :|

deorman said:
My partner at work reprogrammed his diesel truck that way, and it definitely ran stronger with no other mods at all. I would have to agree that 100hp boost, without a valve timing change, and significant increase in air/fuel hole sizes and/or pressure is overly optimistic, especially given the manufacturers trend towards squeezing more hp per displacement. :|

Diesels are another animal altogether. I work with a guy who did the reprogramming bit, and also added propane injection..If you've never seen a lifted F-350 4X4 smoke all 4 of it's tires, you're missing something!

Here's my other "2 wheelers". they are a 1972 FLH and 1974 FXE. I've had these shovelheads for over 25 years! I've been riding motorcycles for 40 years, but I REALLY like building bicycles now. The innovations and the pure art I see on this site knocks me out! I am going to "borrow" ideas I've seen here. Like it's said "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"
thegirls2.jpg

Nothing better on a cold winter morning... imagine how fun it is when summer comes...
She watches over the bikes at the garage when they party at night :wink:

dogdart said:
Besides being a bike junkie , I also have too many cars . Here's some:
pittburgher08048.jpg
what kinda car is that man?? i cant figure it out, and it looks awesome!

Just a guess. Looks like a 64 Dodge 880

deorman said:
Looks like a 300hp studio couch to me. :lol:

Those cars came with 318 Poly's, so not 300 hp. The Poly, (polysheric combustion chamber) was the precursor to the 318 LA series engine, which remained in production up until a few years ago. The 360 is the same thing, LA series engine.

ChadB said:
Those cars came with 318 Poly's, so not 300 hp. The Poly, (polysheric combustion chamber) was the precursor to the 318 LA series engine, which remained in production up until a few years ago. The 360 is the same thing, LA series engine.

OOOOOHHH!....I thought it had two 440's in it!

and the bug I built and then sold in 2009

Scallops_09.jpg
[/quote]

WOW, killer bug man! can we see more pics? 8)

Speaking of crazy Bugs, here are a few pictures I took of one from a car club in Toledo Ohio.

096pq.jpg

095gr.jpg

098cu.jpg

I include this one, since if you look, you can see my dearly departed Vespa

104nb.jpg

Yes, there are such things outside California.

Back