Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dad had a Caravan, Silver...He had it for years and swore by it. I remember a funky smell...In it.

One day he was cruising down 94 and a tire flew over the median, Hit the windshield right at the pillar...I have a picture somewhere, not on the computer though.

Does the Dart have a slant 6 or a 318 and there a great blue one at a local car show that had a good Slant 6 that I have the pic somewhere?

We had a blue 90 Voyager that when we drove it to take me dad to work we heard a bang then just stoped but atleast we were at his work so we got lucky to not have to tow it there and a white 95 Voyager that the fuel pump went out then I took a week to get done since I didn't have a jacks tall enough plus the gas anti-siphon ball kept me from taking the gas out but a month or two later the oil pump went out but before we got home the engine was done for but it lasted for about two year especially since we only payed $800 for it that, I have a pic of but I don't know where it is.

TheFlyingDingo said:
Seriously the perfect couple. Totally sweet.

I have thought about one of these vans, same color, Same year to keep the group perfect (kind of like yours)
i090688.jpg

This picture is from the movie Fast Food Nation...

I dont think they have enough power to tow another car.

Actually if it has the same engine layout as the Dodge Omni I used to have a VW Rabbit diesel nearly bolts right up! and has plenty of power and fuel economy. Little work with a welder and you'd be able to tow another car no problem. Diesels are great just have that inconvenience of having to plug in the block heaters in the winter.

Personally I wouldn't drive a minivan just out of preference.....and I was in an Chevy Astro van when it flipped end over end. But there are two vans I'd make an exception for: A Microbus, and a Corvair Greenbriar

I'm with you outskirt, I'm a Vdub guy myself, but would add a first generation Econoline to your list.
outskirtscustoms said:
Personally I wouldn't drive a minivan just out of preference.....and I was in an Chevy Astro van when it flipped end over end. But there are two vans I'd make an exception for: A Microbus, and a Corvair Greenbriar

Dr. Tankenstein said:
I'm with you outskirt, I'm a Vdub guy myself, but would add a first generation Econoline to your list.
outskirtscustoms said:
How about a '68 Chevy van , w/ a V-8 , 3 on the tree , a straight axle & wore out steering ? That'll keep you awake :!:

Don't hate on minivans, before we had our second child I came home one day and my wife said "You're gonna think I'm crazy, but... I want a minivan." So we traded in her Mitsubishi Montero Sport 4x4 and got a 1999 Toyota Sienna, drove that for a few years and before our 3rd child we traded for a 2006 Kia Sedona. Can't beat a minivan for room, unless you get a fullsize van.

I now have the "soccer mom trifecta" a minivan, an SUV, and a station wagon

Yeah but minivans get 25 year old guys in trouble, :oops: I know I'm not ready for kids. I wouldn't mind a flat nose chevy van or an Econoline. So I would add those to my list. but the Corvair would still be number one on my list. I love the roll down windows on the door side and non door side. Really helps get air flowing in there. I'd love to upgrade one with some of the features of a bigger van though, like the James Bond electric couch that folds down. the TV mounted in the roof cabinet. Lights, and of coarse the shag carpet! :mrgreen: Not to mention if you mount the first back seat backward against the driver's seat and turn the 3rd row sideways you can haul A LOT of stuff AND all your buddies.

Current daily driver
DSC_0009.jpg

My project car...just finished narrowing the beam 4 inches. Should be on the road by spring/early summer
24.jpg

Bamboo interior
26.jpg

29.jpg

What it will look like but with different wheels
hopefully.jpg

My father in laws car..not mine but I do get to drive it whenever we go to his house
p1-1.jpg

jaysix said:
Current daily driver
DSC_0009.jpg

My project car...just finished narrowing the beam 4 inches. Should be on the road by spring/early summer
24.jpg

Bamboo interior
26.jpg

29.jpg

What it will look like but with different wheels
hopefully.jpg

My father in laws car..not mine but I do get to drive it whenever we go to his house
p1-1.jpg
nice slammed late model dude 8) hmmmm i wonder what im gona do with ym 69' and 74'

the 69' by masterpoop63, on Flickr

my car is home 008 by masterpoop63, on Flickr

ind-chuckz said:
My 1980 Chevy Malibu 408Ci
2010-12-11133746.jpg
]
now that's what i like to see!
I built couple of street/ drag cars when i was in high school (in the late 80's). a 68 nova, mild 396, 125 shot of nitrous t.h. 400, 3:23 highway gears, ran 12:50's, a 71 chevelle 406 small block, t.h. 400, 4:88 gears, ran 12.00's
a 71 nova, 468 big block, 250 shot of nitrous, th. 400 manual valve body, 3500 stall converter, 3:08 gears, m&h racemaster cheater slicks, ran 11.20's with full exhaust.
ahh those were fun times!!

all the graffiti is coming off my truck it needs a lot of paintwork to the basecoat and needs some rust and damage repair
JKKAu.jpg

Photo03091834.jpg

Fg9o6.jpg

Back