Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yoothgeye said:
stretch said:
:shock: thats cool that you had it, and kinda strange how you can just wipe it off

I was thinking the same thing... must've been sidewalk chalk.

Actually, if the striping was done with one-shot enamel over the top of the original paint and clear, a little rubbing compound will take it right off with a little effort.
The bad part about this is that if the striping has been on there for a long time, sometimes you will see where the striping was once you remove it. This is because the paint and clear that was visible around the striping has been exposed to the sun. The paint that were covered with striping may look darker because the striping will protect the paint and clear that are underneath from the sun.

Now you have a clean slate to do it again.....Maybe red and white pinstripe next time.......and some whitewalls.... :mrgreen:

pedal scraper said:
This is because the paint and clear that was visible around the striping has been exposed to the sun. The paint that were covered with striping may look darker because the striping will protect the paint and clear that are underneath from the sun.

Cool, ghost striping.

it was acrylic so acetone took it right off theres ghost stripping but once i compound itll be gone.
the paint on this side is a year older so it came off quick
EpkeB.jpg

Highridah said:
outskirtscustoms said:
How long did it take you to stripe the whole truck?
2 years give or take
Wow, nice work! I just wouldn't have the patience. :oops:

Just bought this 1964 Jeep J-300! Has a 305 Chevy engine, but otherwise stock. Actually, it was for sale last fall, and I drove it, but talked myself out of it. Then it popped up on cl again. This time, it had to be mine! This is the seller's pic, note the sweet 57 Chevy in his garage! -Adam
64J3002.jpg

64J300.jpg

deorman said:
It could have had some type of GM motor to begin with. For a daily driver, a small block Chevy is pretty convenient to have at the parts counter. :|
Actually, I had another '64 when I lived in Va., and they came with a Willys OHC straight 6 called the Tornado. They also used an AMC 327 V8, AMC 232 6cyl, and Buick 350 through 1970 when AMC bought Jeep, and then only used AMC 6's & V8's. I already had all the Jeep books out there for the last one, so I'm already schooled on them. But, yes, the Chevy engine is a much easier engine parts wise! :mrgreen: -Adam

Back