Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is one of my cars my hilux
yzyhequ3.jpg

agy9ytan.jpg

and this is my burnout car, it was a 4 door wagon cut down to a two door now
6yda4a6u.jpg

and another car ht holden im doing up to be a mental street car running a 572 v8 hope to be blown soon if I can save the coin
mapubube.jpg

flexxx said:
yzyhequ3.jpg

agy9ytan.jpg

Nice Toyota, those things are tough as nails! I had an '87 King cab that just refused to die. It had 500,000 miles when I bought it and I certainly didn't baby it. Handled anything I threw at it including being submerged in mud over the roof. Only mods were a slight lift, 35's, and a home made PVC pipe snorkel kit. Ugly as sin but meaner than a junkyard dog. You running the 22R motor in it?

illMATTic said:

I must find out more about your hike rack, I refuse to haul mine on a rear hitch mount because mine is so low it drags when I pull out of a lot of places. But yours is exactly what I need because I have a toolbox in my bed (and my bed is the 5'5" one because crew cabs have the short ones) and so their isn't any room for a bike down in the bed but I could run something like you have. And love the truck, so simple and clean.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Colyn. said:
illMATTic said:
My Silverado

I must find out more about your hike rack, I refuse to haul mine on a rear hitch mount because mine is so low it drags when I pull out of a lot of places. But yours is exactly what I need because I have a toolbox in my bed (and my bed is the 5'5" one because crew cabs have the short ones) and so their isn't any room for a bike down in the bed but I could run something like you have. And love the truck, so simple and clean.

I modified an old style Thule rack to clamp onto my tonneau cover rails. Both Thule and Yakima offer individual parts to build your own. Just get creative and it will work out.

illMATTic said:
Colyn. said:
illMATTic said:
My Silverado

I modified an old style Thule rack to clamp onto my tonneau cover rails. Both Thule and Yakima offer individual parts to build your own. Just get creative and it will work out.

I found a INNO brand truck bed rack that mounts to the side but it only fits up to 2.7" and mine will be 3" & 4".... so well see.

My daily driver to work & back this summer, when it wasn't raining. 1974 jeep cj5, original paint & motor, 45,000 actual miles. It's a blast to drive.

Some nice cars in this thread. Good to see some good mustangs here too. My DD truck and my toy.
ze7e9udy.jpg
asuju7yj.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
flexxx said:
yzyhequ3.jpg

agy9ytan.jpg

Nice Toyota, those things are tough as nails! I had an '87 King cab that just refused to die. It had 500,000 miles when I bought it and I certainly didn't baby it. Handled anything I threw at it including being submerged in mud over the roof. Only mods were a slight lift, 35's, and a home made PVC pipe snorkel kit. Ugly as sin but meaner than a junkyard dog. You running the 22R motor in it?
sweet wish I could run 35s stipid bloody west australian laws, na mate ive got a ln106 2.8 diesel shes a power house

Real nice cars.

I love cars from the 70's & older. I'm trying to sell most of my bikes to afford one to fix up but the ones in my price range need a trailer to pick up which I don't have.

Sorry to go a little of topic but I guess it is since it's a in the topic of cars & trucks. Does anyone know how to trace a short in the wiring of a 97 Chevy truck since I know nothing about the electrical systems the fuel pump relay keeps melting because of a short in the fuel pump wires?

Heres my 51 Chevy. Ive done most of the work myself including the frame notch, bags, and drivetrain swap. I did have a buddy do the taillights though, because his body work is WAAAAY better than mine.

IMG_1162_zps1e2c562f.jpg

It's got a 350 from an 86 Suburban, 350 trans and a 10bolt posi. Also, power disc/drum brakes. The air ride consists of slam specialties bags with 1/2 inch lines, 5/8 valves and both an electric Viair compressor and an engine driven York compressor. It's not super fancy, but its a fun project. I've had it for about 9 years now.

Back