SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@joker, thanks for the flowers! Its good to read things like that! Your klunker is lokking great! The red with the black-colour rocks! I always thought only black is the right colour! What is your rear hub? Looks good! Is it single-speed? I drive a SRAM S7 rear hub with drum break!

mine
hach.jpg

building one for my g/f now .. first test fit:
bk1.jpg

Crank!Basti said:
Bicycle808 said:
CrankBasti- they look really nice. what hubs are you running on the blue bike?

-rob

Thanks Rob.

on the blue bike I have an old SACHS up front and a rare Shimano-Cassette-Drum-Brake in the rear.

Oh. I'm super-jealous of that sachs front hub. I have the same "rare" rear hub in my parts bin; got it cheap here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400152111079?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 They still have like 60 left... pretty nice hubs; i like mine!

-rob

Very Nice! What kind of frame is the Red one? Is that aluminum? I live the look of the straight top tube.

Bicycle808 said:
Oh. I'm super-jealous of that sachs front hub. I have the same "rare" rear hub in my parts bin; got it cheap here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400152111079?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 They still have like 60 left... pretty nice hubs; i like mine!
-rob

I have a few of those SACHS hubs. I guess the Shimano rear is just rare over here in europe. Thanks for the link - but shipping to Europe is more expensive than the hub itself. :(

R Dig said:
Very Nice! What kind of frame is the Red one? Is that aluminum? I live the look of the straight top tube.

got that frame from ebay the other day. On the badge it says "Xplosiv". Unfortunately I don't know more about it.

To be honest, I think that eBay seller is the only guy in the States with the fhr700 hubs. Very nice hub; a shame that shimano discontinued them. Sturmey-Archer makes one for 8/9/10 speed cassettes, spaced at 135mm...

-rob

I love this bike. It's kinda fragile, and doesn't work very well but some happy accident happened with the geometry and it is SO comfy and handles great.

FunkyKlunker2-1.jpg

The Murray kluncker I just finished.6sp,Schwinn crank and bearings,SunTour derailuer,Duro gray wall tires,rims off a Specialized Rockhopper.
murrayklunker009.jpg
murrayklunker008.jpg

murrayklunker007.jpg
murrayklunker006.jpg

murrayklunker005.jpg

Latest posts

Back