Slammy rides MS 150

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to ride my RAT in the MS 150 here in FL. The next person who tells me FL is flat, will get an earfull from me! The link below to Beginner Triathlete shows more than 3200 cumulative feet of climbing the first day!

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discu ... teid=11951

Temp was a little over 90 degrees by lunch time and I refilled my 72 oz. camelback 5 times by the end of the day.
Unfortunately, I had bought some cheap shorts at Sports Authority and by mile 55 was in so much pain, I had to stop and get off the bike every 6 - 8 miles. I was tempted to catch a ride in the sag wagon, but they were full of Roadies and 18lb. carbon wonderbikes.
I was riding with my Wife and Brother-in-Law and we managed to finish the 77 miles with a ride time of 6 hrs. and 11 min. for a 12.45 mph average speed.
After a hot shower, I got on the hotel phone and started calling local bike shops for a decent pair of shorts.
Howard, of Orange Cycles in Orlando, answered my call and told me he would bring the shorts to me as he would be part of a support team offering free mechanic work for MS 150 participants. Howard showed up the next morning as promised with the shorts, a 10% discount, and some chamois butter.
My return trip was so much more comfortable with the new shorts!
Thanks again Howard!
Because of the heat, we elected to do the 50 mile route on the return trip Sunday. I didn't even look at my computer after finishing, I was just happy to be done.

NewImage01.jpg

NewImage03.jpg

Latest posts

Back