~~"Smokin In The Boyz Room"~~ The Finale. p13

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ~~"Smokin In The Boyz Room"~~ Update #7 - 6/22

I got'n idea, I got a goood Idea :idea: ...1,000,000 points to who can name what movie thats from!
2011-09-09163317-1.jpg

(Hint on quote: ratROD :mrgreen: )

Re: ~~"Smokin In The Boyz Room"~~ Update #6.1250 - 6/22 Pg.3

That's gonna be a low down MEAN looking ride!! :D

Here's the plan: A birch wooden tank! Since I can't find an original tank to fit this bike, I'll make my own the RatRod way!! Taped the two pieces together, drew an outline now ready to cut.
2011-09-09190041-1.jpg

2011-09-09190101-1.jpg

Re: ~~"Smokin In The Boyz Room"~~ Update #7 - Let's make a tank!

There really are a lot of wooden tanks this year and they all look cool and different.
Looking forward to seeing yours.

kingfish254 said:
There really are a lot of wooden tanks this year and they all look cool and different.

One thing they all have in common, they could all be damaged by fire or termites.

Peatbog said:
Hey, that is a cool bike. That beat up pin-up sticker is pretty cool.

It looks like your bike would look good going out on a date with Jake's bike.*

*The style is similar is what I mean. Both bikes are cool and would look good together. Oh, forget it...
HA!! He is right this bike is sweet!! It would look great next to Joan. Waiting to see that tank! Peace

About the creased seat tube. Try filling it with sand first. I have bent exhaust tube like that.

KIRK! said:
About the creased seat tube. Try filling it with sand first. I have bent exhaust tube like that.

I used sand. I would bet it wasn't packed tight enough in the tube though. I duct taped the ends so that probably allowed for the sand to move inside enough so my tube would crease instead of bending smoothly. I wonder if it would work if I filled it with a mix of sand and water then froze it then tried bending it.

kingfish254 said:

You know, I've been watching some bikes here but haven't seen more than a couple with wooden tanks. Guess I haven't looked hard enough :D I'll be checking up on the "woody" competition!

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:

One thing they all have in common, they could all be damaged by fire or termites.

I already purchased some bug bombs to fog my tank once in a while..... :lol:

Jake Sensi said:
Peatbog said:
Hey, that is a cool bike. That beat up pin-up sticker is pretty cool.

It looks like your bike would look good going out on a date with Jake's bike.*

*The style is similar is what I mean. Both bikes are cool and would look good together. Oh, forget it...
HA!! He is right this bike is sweet!! It would look great next to Joan. Waiting to see that tank! Peace

Hahaha! Bad girl bike+Bad boy bike=Bad Baby trikes?? :roll:

Thanks Jake. I'll be putting up more pics today hopefully.

Peatbog said:
Great. First there are bunnies everywhere, and now bikes are breeding. Who would have thought!

But where does one get bike diapers?

Which brings up a joke:

Do you know why baby bikes can't stand up by themselves?

Because they are too* tired!

*two
.............. :? ............. :lol:

First there are bunnies everywhere, and now bikes are breeding. Who would have thought!
And..."dogs and cats living together!" :shock:

With all the wooden tanks this year, I think there is a homicidal lumberjack bunny on the loose!

lumberjack324.jpg

Picked up these nice yet retro looking real wood grips from cyclesus in Fontana, Ca. I like the tone so I'm gonna try to make the tank match the tone.

2012-06-11174740.jpg

Those will look great with the tank!!!

Re: ~~"Smokin In The Boyz Room"~~ Update #8 - Rideable..sort of.

So here is my baby (that's what I'm calling it now since most of the hard work is done and I finally am happy with the results so far). Fabbed a bracket for the big 'ol chevy fog light. Got the white walls done, nice and wiiiide :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . Fresh grease and rideable! Took it out on it's maiden voyage last night and felt a little sketchy in part because of the extended forks. My rear wheel slows down real quick and it take HUUUGE effort to pedal. Lots of rub with the wheels, they're way untrue. I'm going to have to open up and check my hub. I believe there is an order to the shims inside the hub and all I did was grease and toss 'em in :oops: I think that's my problem. I think grease is not right either, think it should've been oil. I'm gonna have to spend some quality time with that ND hub and truing the wheels.
2012-01-14133256.jpg

kingfish254 said:
Those will look great with the tank!!!

After getting the bike assembled, I debated on following through with making a tank. Still have lots of time so I'll continue buildin and fabbing as best I can. I could call the bike finished now but, I got some more ideas and I'd be disapointed in myself if I didn't step it up to the next level :x :mrgreen:

Re: ~~"Smokin In The Boyz Room"~~ Update #8 - Rideable..sort of.

Thanks you just cost me 100 bucks! Let's see $40 for the bike at NBW, springer, white walls....Thanks alot :wink: I'll tell the misses you made me do it for having such a kool bike :mrgreen: Peace

Back