Some scores/Upgrades/Stuff

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting this router led me down a router rabbit hole on YouTube. Made me feel like I could make something cool too. I’m a big fan of anything bicycle related. I really like the Bike Route signs around the city.
68D9039F-1805-45CE-A19E-7F77CD43B2A2.jpeg

Got me thinking and I said “yeah I can make that!” I wanted something a little more up my alley though. More cruiser style. Found a cool full frame pic and pasted it over the one on the sign and boom my sign was on its way!

DEAE555C-737D-4FD7-8BD4-E4361E4E6467.jpeg

I traced it on top of a carbon paper on some common board and it was ready to get cut out. Luckily the router kit came with a profile bit. Fair warning I practiced very little bit on scrap pieces before attempting this piece.
In my very amateur opinion it looks freaking awesome! Sign def looks handmade which is why I’m loving it.
87B97EA3-876C-4115-BC89-4563304F78FF.jpeg

still going to lay some color down for the letters and maybe stain the sign a washed out green and then hang it in my garage.

Found some inspiration today to finish up my 20”. The worksman saddle was rocking side to side so I had to added some cut up sissy bars to two already existing holes behind the saddle. It works perfect. The bike is WAY more comfortable then I thought it would be.

This might be my first “Rat Rod” inspired bike.
2C27CDDD-2D14-4DE4-8271-31226660CF8C.jpeg

First purchase of the year. Went over to pick up an old drafting table and saw the GT Talera there too. I offered $5 for it and loaded it up as well.
It’s nothing to write home about, I’m a big fan of the GT style frames and I plan on adding straight forks, BMX bars/stem and converting it to a single speed.
2E5A0E32-6D74-440E-88CB-EB402E193DB4.jpeg

$5, Outstanding! My guess is 1992 or 1993. I see the Tange MTB chromoly sticker at the bottom of the seat tube, nice. Funny thing about the geometry in that era is that the larger frame sizes have less than compact geometry and the smaller offerings were more on-point. It almost seems that compact MTB geometry was a happy accident because of this. Once that geometry made it into larger frames, it was an obvious game changer for the Tree People like me.

Is that crackle paint on the tubes too? The sloping top tube in the smaller sizes makes a big difference, they seem awkward and tall with the horizontal top tube.

First purchase of the year. Went over to pick up an old drafting table and saw the GT Talera there too. I offered $5 for it and loaded it up as well.
It’s nothing to write home about, I’m a big fan of the GT style frames and I plan on adding straight forks, BMX bars/stem and converting it to a single speed. View attachment 184649
Cleaned up the GT. Kept it stock. Converted it to a 1x7. Super cool bike.
E2510752-3D9D-483A-822F-3D4B0B964F45.jpeg

I found this bike laying out in front my house. I feel like it probably belongs to a homeless person and it was probably also previously stolen.
No brakes, wobbly chainring, loose fork painted wheel and fork are all signs to me that the bike was swiped and then “painted” to look like a different bike.

I am unsure of what to do with it to be honest. I will keep an eye out for anyone looking for their bike. I’ll prob lay it where I found it.
8BFAFD0D-A682-421E-8C14-1A4EF618441E.jpeg

In some bike related stuff. I was out riding my bike around the neighborhood testing out smaller cogs on 20” when I come upon this bad boy laying in a pile of other stuff. Of course I brought it home.
3 full sets of older hardly used golf clubs.
I do not know how to play golf YET!
0C765C86-DD2D-4DED-9F50-9E2E1C781E12.jpeg

Lol the clubs look like they belonged to the homeless person. Too bad about the Hardrock, you could probably turn that into a wild BMX style cruiser

Latest posts

Back