Speed Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the front bit done today of the fairing done today, Toyed around with some scrap bits laying around for the detailing of it.. The upper hole is for the ram air intake, the slit on the other side is to cool the exhaust and the little thingy has no purpose yet, a light maybe? :D
And "ramair" you might ask yourself? Its about the concept and idea of a drag bike.. i understand that theres no real need for things like that on a 66cc two stroker.. :D Might as well add that im getting a nitrokit to..

sb4001.jpg

(Sorry about the semi blurry pic, rush job!)

Right now it looks like a grinning pirate, dont really like pirates.. i think that pushing the air intake in a bit makes it look less like a eye..

And yeah Tankenstein, it would be really cool with a huge chainring that sort of overlapped the rear wheel.. :D

Hopefully i'm getting some work done on the fork and seat tomorrow!

I used a old mtb handlebar and piece of pipe that fitted outside the forkleg and just welded on tabs for the bolts, oh and i cut a slit in the tube so it can crimp down on the forkleg.. Came togheter easier than i thought actully and saved me some money, plus they look just as raw and crude that i wanted. :D

Oh and thank you all for the input and the kind words..!

( Hey Alba, i think i chased the seagulls away, getting a tiny bit smoother.. Its about confidence, right? :D )

Hey thanks for the info. Those bars are always too expensive so I might have to steal your idea. I wonder if stems would work for that?!?!

Well it is built for the salt flats.. :D In the sense that i dont want things like rideablilty and comfort get in the way of how it looks..

And Moto, yeah those clipons are quite expensive so it feels really good making them from scrap bits. And its not that hard, it just takes some time.. :D

Seat done..! :D It hinges on some skateboard bushings in the back, on the second pic you can see roughly what it will look like when its covered.. Just need to find some really thick leather to bolt on to it..

sb5003.jpg

I toyed around with this frontlight housing thing.. In a way it ties the front and back togheter but im not shure if i'll keep it or not.. I also re-did the strut above the top tube, the old one was to thin, this ones a bit thicker and gives the bike a better look from the side, i added a piece of piping between the supports to.. But i think looks much better..

sb5004.jpg

And I got some stickers in the mail, not sure if they'll go on the bike or not, I think it could be just to much of the road racer look is i slap them on the fairing.. Right now the paintwork idea is rusted out and worn down and maybe a big faded number on the side..

sb5001.jpg

Got some leather on the seat, im going to age it so it dont look so new.. And i dusted the bike with some brownish colour to se how it looks painted.. This is not the colour its going to have when finished, i just try stuff out so see what works and what does'nt.. Right now im thinking minimum of paint but just sanded down so theres some paint around the rivets..

sb6004.jpg

And in sort of 50-50 on the front light thing.. somedays i think it looks good, the next i hate it..

And a better pic of the saddle.. and as i said, it need some colour, some grease and a good beating.. :D
Sorry about the blurry pic, but you get the idea..

sb6003.jpg

Found another perfect fit thingy on my junk hunts, its a small cooling fan from a old welder, i think it fits right in..! I still need to cut some sheet metal rings to rivet around the holes for the detailing..

sb6002.jpg

I diddnt know what to expect when I first saw the pic of the frame, but this is one sweet build. I really love the direction your going with it. IMO I like the front faring, it goes well with the rest of it.

Back