Spring Gravity Race - Wichita

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Monster is about to be unleashed

Coming soon
monster-logo-3web-1.gif

:!: perfect sign me up
thinking more along the lines of this :lol: :lol:
2938441731_bc8df59f2e_o.jpg

Actually this is the beast well before some modifying you'll see why in the video
DSCF2769.jpg

Made a test run today and in hurrying to get it loaded and pick up my parents from the airport I forgot to tighten the steering bolt back up and well lets just say I'm glad I was wearing a helmet :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

Ahh you tested the guardrail!

strangely similar to my crash, only on the other guardrail. Looks like it just spun though which is a good thing, mine tipped over going into the rail.

Those three wheelers are kinda tricky. especially with the real steer!! Well I hope you get it sorted out.

I gave up with the rear steer on mine, still gonna keep it as a three wheeler, but moving the steering to the front. I still need to find some (affordable) 14mm front BMX hubs to get mine back together.

Good luck with it!

Ratfink1962 said:
Ahh you tested the guardrail!

strangely similar to my crash, only on the other guardrail. Looks like it just spun though which is a good thing, mine tipped over going into the rail.

Those three wheelers are kinda tricky. especially with the real steer!! Well I hope you get it sorted out.

I gave up with the rear steer on mine, still gonna keep it as a three wheeler, but moving the steering to the front. I still need to find some (affordable) 14mm front BMX hubs to get mine back together.

Good luck with it!

Well the first time down before this crash I hit the other guardrail :oops: and after playing with it on paper and in my mind over and over I decided to flip it around and make it more like a regular trike just a lot lower, I'll look I might have some bmx hubs

aka_locojoe said:
That's wild! A week to get things ironed out.
It was a pretty scary ride I kept thinking it was going to go all the way over or I was going to stick my knee out and mess it up again

udallcustombikes said:
That was awesome. You have to do it again on Sunday. Probibly much better in person. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah my parents were taping both wrecks and they were just laughing away, I'm going to attempt not test the guardrails anymore gonna try and make another test run on Wednesday after work

Cameron... LOL :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Cody, so your going with one wheel in front, and two out back?

I thought it would work on paper too, but in reality... NOT!!!

I dunno maybe it could be done??? I gave up! my backyard engineering degree didnt cover stuff like this. :oops:

Those hubs... needing 14mm axle, mainly for strength. they need to be 36 hole to match the 700c rims I have. Sealed bearings would be a plus. I have found some online, but I just gotta bite the bullet and get em bought.

Ratfink1962 said:
Cameron... LOL :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Cody, so your going with one wheel in front, and two out back?

I thought it would work on paper too, but in reality... NOT!!!

I dunno maybe it could be done??? I gave up! my backyard engineering degree didnt cover stuff like this. :oops:

Those hubs... needing 14mm axle, mainly for strength. they need to be 36 hole to match the 700c rims I have. Sealed bearings would be a plus. I have found some online, but I just gotta bite the bullet and get em bought.

Yeah one front two back I got it swapped tonight but was too dark to take pics

I think I'm going to try the other way again sometime down the road 8)

not sure on hubs ones on a older dyno

Back