Spring Gravity Race - Wichita

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm going to pass that job on to someone else don't want to take the fun from everyone else :lol: Its was stopping really good just about wore through a brand new set of brake pads. Also went through and put locknuts on my steering fasteners to keep from smacking the rail again (at least backwards :lol: )

450redrider said:
Almost there can't wait :D :D
Me too. Had to fix a flat and tighten up a few things on the G-thang and I think I'm ready to go. Can't believe it will be making it's 4th appearance. Was kinda built as a goof and one time deal.
Someday I hope to build something better based on the same principle.

Anxious to see the new racers and bikes.

I forgot but had meant to bring some traffic cones home from work. I thought maybe if there weren't any good crashes by the end of the day we could set up a slalom course :lol: .

We'll be bringing hotdogs and seafood pasta shell things.

Cody how was the track? Wasn't overgrown with trees and weeds was it?

Slalom course??? Oh my this is gonna get interesting! maybe we need to get the red cross out there since it looks like we will have several blood donors??

I am bringing my smoked ribs, and baked beans.

heres a sneek peek...
bbq002.jpg

On a semi-related note... I FINALLY got my hubs ordered for the rust rocket! Should have it ready for the Fall Gravity race, yeee haw :mrgreen:

Doh!! I must have just missed you then, I figured you had already been there and left.

Lookin good Cameron.

Looks like the Screaming Indian has some issues... at speed it seems real unstable, kinda like it wants to do a speed wobble with the front end. I did make one of those setback seatposts... wonder If I dont have enough weight on the frontend? Any ideas?

Cameron, do you have a 1" seatpost you could bring? I cut mine to do the setback thing and dont have a spare :oops:

Had a great time!

Weather could have been a little warmer, but it wasnt that bad. Turnout was great, and saw lots of new rides.
Food was great! Randy... I gotta get that recipe for the seafood pasta thingamajigs... very tasty!! Hope everyone liked the ribs and beans.

I made a couple of runs on the Indian, hit 24.2 mph on Randy's GPS... not the fastest, but plenty fast for me! Oh and I actually made it home with the headbadge intact... I was keeping an eye on it :wink: And a big thanks for those that brought the 1" seatposts!!! Ended up not needing a single one of them because I found a donor bike on my way to the hill that had the correct size :lol:

funny how things just fall into place sometimes!

Looking forward to the fall event, I hope to have the rust rocket back in action... yeee haw

Ratfink1962 said:
.................... Randy... I gotta get that recipe for the seafood pasta thingamajigs... very tasty!! .............

What seafood pasta recipe. You guys in Kansas are passing around seafood recipes on a hill that was once the floor of the sea thousands of years ago while I was out on the local bike path putting my sneakers in real sea water realtime :roll: ................I must see this recipe! So far away from the sea and you guys have seafood recipes................AAAARRRRR.......this is bilge sculch I tell ya........

Hope you get pictures up soon of your gravity race. It sounds like you guys had a sweet time.
GL

Graylock... This is Kansas, what we call seafood is anything we catch out of the mud puddles... in a ditch. :lol:

But really, we can catch a few fish, fillet them into strips and do the crab boil thing... voila! instant seafood!

We do have indoor plumbing though. :wink:

Back