Spyder Monkey

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you have a bike with speeds , i suggest you put the rear speed at the gear with the same# of teets you will have on your build , and play with the front speeds to get a good estimate of how much teet you want in front , its about personal taste ,or how much legs you have :wink:

Sketching banana seat for spyder monkey. Have anyone made similar one? I would like see some.

1351145815.jpg

Look like I will stay with five speeds because I finally found sprocket I wanted. Unfortunately, it's only 48 teeth. But I really love this sprocket style cuz it look sick!

1351151081.jpg

It's sprung from the top rather than the bottom, but Springliner comes to mind from RRBBO6

P7310071.jpg

Great work on the shifter!!!

Only thing I'm disappointed with tall ape handle bar is because it's rattles. I don't see I can pedal hard on that handle. It's more for cruiser. But I'm wondering if there's some kind inner foam strength spray to strength it? I have thought about add brace but don't think I will like it.

Unless you can get an extension hose on the GreatStuff foam, I don't think you will be able to get it to fill more than a foot past the bar ends. Plus, I doubt it would help much on the flexxing of your bars.

With this wicked bike, you might just have to choose between Coolness and Practical. Stick with the cool!!!!!!!

i got these apes on my CWC and they flex if you try to go fast standing up ok as long as your not trying to win the race i cruise with mine the shims (IF YOUR USING THEM) tend to slide around at time so i find my self adjusting them if i try to pass my son riding.. but they do get attention so i settle for the cool factor 8) and cruise....

I just picked this for 30 bucks. I got it for Christmas gift to my dad. He wants those parts to build his eliminator but I have a tempting to try this fork for spyder monkey. :D but I dunno if it will fit cuz my headset is 5 1/4". This chopper fork headset is 7"... should I try it out??!! Of course, with my signature

1351841022.jpg

I also found three 27" chrome forks for $15. Should I use it instead?

I think the triple tree fork would block to coolness of where you mounted your handlebar stem.
27" chrome forks would be cool.

kingfish254 said:
I think the triple tree fork would block to coolness of where you mounted your handlebar stem.
27" chrome forks would be cool.

Yea. I measured everything already lol... almost fit, only need 1/4" longer. well it can be done but can't set stem toward away from headset but flip it over. So stem will be holding bar behind the fork but will limit steering range. Yea chrome 27" fork would be painless and hot.

Back