Stingray Classic at Walmart for $88! Not the new style!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should be interesting to see if they end up in all of the stores as regular stock a week or two after the door buster sales are over.

I was chatting about the $88 'Black Friday Krates' (also now know as Crazy 88's) with a fellow gearhead in my local pub last night. We came to the conclusion that Schwinn has infact hit 'rock bottom'.

Going from an American made Cadillac of bicycles to flogging door crasher specials at Wal-mart on black friday truely says...'I have hit rock bottom'. :wink:

We can discuss when exactly the Schwinn of old died...that is up for debate, but how could they get any lower? Possibly giving bikes away with McHappy meals? Maybe that is next...

I mean...even the Signature Series (reproduction Grey Ghosts, Pea Pickers etc) were retailed through bike shops...well, until they hit e-bay in mass, that wasn't exactly a proud moment, I'm sure.

So if you see Schwinn drinking out of a bottle in a brown paper bag in the gutter in front of the local Wal-mart...do the right thing and assist Schwinn to the local mission and into a 12 step program.

mly0493l.jpg

Have understanding...oh my brothers. :mrgreen:

How long do you think that post would last on the Schwinn site? :p

Ha Ha...well, a few months ago....5 minutes.

Now days....I'm not even sure they have moderators anymore.

I'm tempted to make a post....NEW RAT ROD BIKE FORUM LAUNCHES!!!!!!

That would get me the boot. :wink:

if they ever checked the forum there yeah....but i dont think anyone has in alooooooooooooooooooonnnnng time :?
i guess they got rid of them finally :shock: :shock: :shock:

Okay, so with some time to kill before dinner, we went to Wal-Mart and I got a good look at one so here's my .02; The frame has weld beads that look half crocked, (I'm a welder) correct me if I'm wrong but you didn't see welds on the old Schwinns. The handle bars, forks, and fenders are the only chrome on the bike, the goose neck, rims and seatpost were a peuter hue. and square reflectors?! But; the paint looked good, the seat was cool, and it had a slick! Not too bad over all, at $88, your kids would like it and they ARE better than those "Brats" bikes. So take it with a grain of salt, the days of quality built products have gone the way of $.59 gas. And look for these to be in garage sales in a few years! :mrgreen:

I think we need to start a contest to see how many we all find on the CL or on Ebay with a jacked up price after tomorrow.

i got two - black and green. my neighbor (who, yesterday, said he wasn't going to get any) got three. i had to carry my 2, he had a cart . . . :? they opened at 5 AM, i was out in the parking lot at 5:12 with my bikes. now that's shopping. :!:

I'm a sucker too...got me a campus green model.

I went up to my Wal-Mart (3 blocks away) at 8am this morning and there were probably 20 of them stacked on a pallet.

No big rush on the old dorky looking banana seat bikes...ha ha!

Oh yeah, picked up a $20 shop vac and a $20 griddle too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know the best thing about the Black Friday Krate is if you roll on a '06 repop...your not the bottom of the food chain anymore!!! :p

ahhhh things just keep going down hill. :mrgreen:

That's pretty funny RatFink. :lol:

This is the thing that has always amazed me about the Schwinn forum.

90% of the people on that forum despise Pacific, yet they still use their forum.

went today and there were probably 30 of em in they had black blue and green. By the looks of how the pallet wad stacked they probably sold like three of em and this was by 9am my time.
There should be a build thread started with just these bikes and see what people can come up with to kustomize 'em!

:? Could'nt help myself!
The one good thing is my wife works for the evil empire so with the discount card mine only cost $79.20!BOOYAH!Got a shop vac also! :wink:
L8 EM

Man those bars are TALL.

Would a 20" rim/tire fit those forks? It would be an insant chopper...

Back