Stingray Classic at Walmart for $88! Not the new style!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think MO Stingrays on the 'other' site has found the best use for these things.he picked up a couple and will be donating them to low income familys.guess ill be stopping by and grabbing one for toys for tots :mrgreen:

i think MO Stingrays on the 'other' site has found the best use for these things.he picked up a couple and will be donating them to low income familys.guess ill be stopping by and grabbing one for toys for tots

I agree - MO Stingray's got the right idea.

We don't have the $88 deal here in Canada, but that's not stopping me from putting together a Christmas give-away bike.

I think most of us here could build a bike from our parts stash without too much effort, so I propose that rather than a Black Friday Stingray build forum, we could do a Christmas give-away bike thread.

Good idea? Bad idea?

Either way, I've got a 10-speed that will find a new home next month :D

-Mp

been reading the negative posts on the schwinn site and it seems that the nay sayers are upset that the bikes wont turn over a good enough profit for them...makes me feel kinda sick inside..if I had the cash Id get one...an 88 dollar bike that cool looking is worth 88 bucks...they are the reason all the classics are ridiculously over priced...

Quality bike or not, some ethically challenged dud in Vacaville is trying to sell one on craigslist for $250. The same guy has a Micargi for $300, and a lowrider for $750 or something like that. after seeing a couple of the prices that stuff on here exchanges for, I'm glad I'm paying attention.

HOLEY SHI..NIKEYS!!!!! :mrgreen: IM GOING TOMORROW, I Dont know what i wanted for christmas,I DO NOW! Ill sell the frame to a friend. I need parts!

I just realized how old this post is. :( :cry: :cry: :x i need to START COMING ON MORE OFTEN! I been slacking. Girlfriends stealing all my time. Not that i mind. :) My bikes do, There getting jealous, My old evans started bucking blew a tire and threw me off :lol:

Well I went... with money... They had a blue one and a black one. I looked, I pondered, I smiled but I passed. Just too small and the parts I might have used were'nt IMHO strong enough for me to ride. My kids are already bike rich. As for Toys for Tots I usually get a few Big Tonka trucks to donate. Cute bikes though. The first one hit Maine Craiglist today. Seems Mainers are less greedy than others. http://maine.craigslist.org/bik/487622967.html

Aaron

I just checked ebay, theres about 10 of them on there i could find in the "collectibles" section all with about a 100% markup, no bids... :)

seen a bunch of them show up on cl already and yea they are trying to get double for them. i can see using one for parts or to rat but anyone that buys one of each color to collect is a fool. like we sell the repop stingray in the shop and it is a blast to ride but side by side with an original and it pails in comparison.

I'm going to buy one next weekend, just cause I like the look of them and I cant afford a "real" one.A little customization, and it should be just ducky, Plus you cant beat the price, I just bought a rear wheel for my bmx bike that costs over 2x that amount.

LOL..... you know, it's a sad day when a forum devoted to beautiful bikes begins to adopt the position that $88 bikes from Walmart are "COOL".

i ended up selling my 2 to my neighbor at cost for his nephews they wern't that important to me anyway but i was just at wally world and they still have 20 left didn't grab one but i still may i did check to see if they were on clearance yet though but nope still $88

I guess its only some stores. Theyre giving 38 dollars plus tax back if ya bought one....ALLEGEDLY!!

TornadoDave said:
LOL..... you know, it's a sad day when a forum devoted to beautiful bikes begins to adopt the position that $88 bikes from Walmart are "COOL".

Slurpees are COOL, they only cost a buck and they sell them at 7-11. :wink: :mrgreen:

Back