Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(DONE!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(Crazy Idea!)

herr_rudolf said:
You are setting the bars for this build-off, Tyler! 8)
And you're settin' em pretty high...

...maybe I should just limbo under them...
:wink:

And I'll be the guy tunneling underground as you limbo above me.

Re: Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(Crazy Idea!)

To kool for skool :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(Update #7)

Update #7 (progress and re-gress)

This isn't really the type of update I was looking for but at least I'm keeping you guys posted. If you haven't heard I came up with a crazy new idea for my build and it just so happens everything fell in place for it to work out...If you have no idea what I'm talking about read this!

Double Nickle said:
OK friends its time to let you in on my crazy new idea,

Since pro pinstriping is legal this year and I plan on taking full advantage of it, What if I sent out different parts of my bike to different members of the site who can stripe(Karfer, Hotrodgen, etc..) and let them pinstripe it and send it back to me. I know all the styles would be different but It would really be a treasure knowing that my bike was pinstriped by artist all over the U.S. I know your thinking, Why would you purposely through yourself a curve ball when you could just find someone local. Well The answer to that question is because I don't have much left to do to my bike and I'm ending the first week of the build off. :oops:

This is how it would work...
I would box up a small part. Fender, fork, light, seat, tank,etc...and leave enough money to ship it back in the box. The volunteer would stripe it then send it back to me. After all the boxes are returned I would Then put them on the bike and have a final masterpiece.

The only way this could work is if the pinstriper can volunteer to donate the stripes or charge little, because I wouldn't be able to pay for them along with all the shipping. So if this is a dumb idea please let me know but If this might work, I think its worth a shot.

This is going to make this bike a real treasure. Ratrodbikes.com means a lot to me and I think its awesome that artist from all over the u.s will be leaving their mark on my bike.

So after hearing that HotRodJen, Karfer67, Sensor, and thesuicideride where all going to be taking part in this, I wasted no time in getting everything boxed up and ready to send their way. Inside the box, I included enough money to safely ship the pinstriped part back to me.

The Seat is headed karfers way, The fork is going to Jen, Sensor will get the light, suicideride called dibbs on the rear fender and I will be working on the tanks while the other parts are with them!

P5090456.jpg

After everything was all boxed up My garage looked like this. Its a sad sight. Try to find my bike. I can bet its in at least 10 different places at once!

P5090457.jpg

So like I said at the top...Progress along with regress took place today :? Oh well, Just gives me more time to think what will end up on the bike the next time it gets assembled. I'm thinking some gutter guard :wink:

TommyTwoTime said:
I don't know how you can get anything done in that cleanliness! Id be squinting from all that whiteness in there. You should spend more time not cleaning.
I know...Its sad isn't it. I think its a sickness. Sometimes When I'm none using a tool, I put it back in its proper spot in the toolbox :shock: Oh and get this, When I get grease on the table...I just a rag soaked in mineral spirits to get it off to make sure there is no residue left. :shock: :shock: :shock:

In my opinion, being a clean freak really is hindering me from being a decent bike builder :(

Oh well...How I long to be filthy one day...

It might be clean, but I remember three guys combing the floor for 20 minutes looking for a steering cup!
Double Nickle said:

I know certain grandfather who might have something to say about ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers,
Dr.T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
It might be clean, but I remember three guys combing the floor for 20 minutes looking for a steering cup!
Double Nickle said:

I know certain grandfather who might have something to say about ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers,
Dr.T
Hahahahahahahahahaha. I get it from him. Everything he has is as clean as it can be!!!!

Re: Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(Undercover!!!)

Hey guys, No update for today. This project as of 12:00 tonight is going silent. I'm not sure when I will post update #8 but right now the Speed Demon is collecting dust in the garage. Many of my parts are about to venture across the U.S. for pinstriping so there isn't much but a bare frame for me to work on. I have a few tricks up my sleeve that should take about a month for me to pull off so stay tuned...

As of right now This project is on Hush Mode 8)

Hmm... With the percentage of lost mail going up and the amount of parts you sent out and then having them sent back... I hope everything goes well.... lol... snicker... Hate to see anything go wrong that might alow the rest of us a chance in winning... :lol:

garagegoon said:
Hmm... With the percentage of lost mail going up and the amount of parts you sent out and then having them sent back... I hope everything goes well.... lol... snicker... Hate to see anything go wrong that might alow the rest of us a chance in winning... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :roll:

Double Nickle said:
Hey guys, No update for today. This project as of 12:00 tonight is going silent. I'm not sure when I will post update #8 but right now the Speed Demon is collecting dust in the garage. Many of my parts are about to venture across the U.S. for pinstriping so there isn't much but a bare frame for me to work on. I have a few tricks up my sleeve that should take about a month for me to pull off so stay tuned...

BUMP

KOTA said:
Double Nickle said:

BUMP

What Kota says... :wink:

...but a full month is too long a wait for an update on this bike. Make the painters document their work step by step. I allways enjoy seeing artwork like pinstriping and lettering build up. 8)

Looking great Double Nickle, you've collected an awesome bunch of parts for this build :D . Just be careful how much you add to what you already have..............I always tell my young and enthusiastic music students that they don't have to use every lick they know in the one song.

It woulnt be a month before an update. Probably just a week or so! I have a suprise for you build watchers and I'm going to wait until its done for me to tell about it!

Double Nickle said:
It woulnt be a month before an update. Probably just a week or so! I have a suprise for you build watchers and I'm going to wait until its done for me to tell about it!

You too, huh? :wink:

Double Nickle said:

Another surprise??
uhmmm..... lemmy think.
Your going with what is said in rule number 1:
1. You can only enter one bike in the build off (can change bikes once if needed)
Now THAT would be a surprise...
:mrgreen:

herr_rudolf said:
Double Nickle said:

Another surprise??
uhmmm..... lemmy think.
Your going with what is said in rule number 1:
1. You can only enter one bike in the build off (can change bikes once if needed)
Now THAT would be a surprise...
:mrgreen:
Umm no...not that kinda surprise :? More like an addition to improve the frame I already have :wink:

Since nobody already asked what color/type of pinstriping are said artists going to use? What will be the final color scheme??

Back