Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(DONE!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(Update #5)

I really dig the way this bike is shaping up, but I must admit when you posted pics with the triple tree bolted up I wasn't a big fan :| But I also think you should do the one YOU want....it's your bike after all! I've really been enjoying your build so far. 8)

Re: Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(Update #6)

Rockit! said:
I really dig the way this bike is shaping up, but I must admit when you posted pics with the triple tree bolted up I wasn't a big fan :| But I also think you should do the one YOU want....it's your bike after all! I've really been enjoying your build so far. 8)
Update #6...

This should please all you anti triple tree-ers...but it turns out I like it better this way too. :wink: First of all I painted the intake red! Hot blazing red! It turned out nice and should help add a fast look to the bike.

Also Its the nicest day its been all year in the ATL so I snapped a new mock-up pics outside.

P5070447.jpg

P5070448.jpg

P5070450.jpg

P5070451.jpg

P5070452.jpg

P5070453.jpg

P5070454.jpg

P5070455.jpg

Double Nickle said:

That crack in the stem looks scary...

Your build is comming along REALLY nice. I love the combination of freshly painted details and parts left patina/baremetal. I'd love to see the front more closer to the ground though... Maybe that thickbrick in the front is a bit too much of a good thing? Then again... This bike is just awesome the way it sits right now...

This thread is well wrth to follow. Thanks for sharing, Tyler.
8)

herr_rudolf said:
That crack in the stem looks scary...

I know, I'm still trying to figure out what to do about that. I noticed it after I got the cross bar welded on :oops:

So, you going to add some black accents to the rear skirts, too? I see a couple of reliefs there that could benefit...

DAMMIT!. . . this bike is really awesome. *walks back to the drawing board*

Look at both skirts ones black ones silver...I think I'm just going to keep them just like they are.
P5020370.jpg

What if you gonna make some black 'grill inserts' for those skirts. You'll be able to still see some of the wheel, but it will make it visually more heavy in the back.
Man those skirts are awesome... I completely understand you wanne leave those just the way they are.
8) This is the cooles bike in the build off so far.
Good luck on the stem...

OK friends its time to let you in on my crazy new idea,

Since pro pinstriping is legal this year and I plan on taking full advantage of it, What if I sent out different parts of my bike to different members of the site who can stripe(Karfer, Hotrodgen, etc..) and let them pinstripe it and send it back to me. I know all the styles would be different but It would really be a treasure knowing that my bike was pinstriped by artist all over the U.S. I know your thinking, Why would you purposely through yourself a curve ball when you could just find someone local. Well The answer to that question is because I don't have much left to do to my bike and I'm ending the first week of the build off. :oops:

This is how it would work...
I would box up a small part. Fender, fork, light, seat, tank,etc...and leave enough money to ship it back in the box. The volunteer would stripe it then send it back to me. After all the boxes are returned I would Then put them on the bike and have a final masterpiece.

The only way this could work is if the pinstriper can volunteer to donate the stripes or charge little, because I wouldn't be able to pay for them along with all the shipping. So if this is a dumb idea please let me know but If this might work, I think its worth a shot.

Re: Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(Crazy Idea!)

Thanks gen. I want to wait on a few more members to join in. I asked karfer, sensor, thesuicideride, and you. If you want I will send you the fork sence your closer. I will send a lighter weight
part to the folks out in Cali. I'm sending all the parts out on the same day with a three week deadline. That way it keeps this build moving and not at a stand still for to long. See if you can pump up the other guys to join in!!!

I think some mesh(like the kind you put on top of roof gutters) painted black would look cool in the holes of the skirts.

It will take the chopper fork if Dr. Tank doesn't want it

Dang it! I was eyeing that fork as well. Thanks a lot work for not letting me ask first.

Brochacho said:
Dang it! I was eyeing that fork as well. Thanks a lot work for not letting me ask first.
Hahahaha dr.T had dibs on it before this build even started.

Double Nickle said:
I know your thinking, Why would you purposely through yourself a curve ball when you could just find someone local. Well The answer to that question is because I don't have much left to do to my bike and I'm ending the first week of the build off. :oops:

Ohhhh now you messed up buddy....You've already played your cards and we still have 2 1/2 months to catch up!! :p

Latest posts

Back