STREET DIGGER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: STREET DIGGER (NEW PIC'S of springer)

Very cool!
This is a fun build to watch.

thanks Kingfish, that means alot to me. all comments good or bad mean alot. can't wait till the tire comes in so I can finish the fork. the fork will spread apart for a wider tire. right now it's set for a narrow one. will move it out for the wide tire and if I get tired of that I can reset it to what ever I need. so much for custom building, ya get to do what ya want.lol.

Outlaw 8)

well no work for a couple of days. waiting on my tire to come in. I did get some wire strung to the shop. will get the rest done tommorow. oh yeah, lights, action, heat. oh boy can't wait.

stay tuned for:

STREET DIGGER he is coming to you for your entertainment.lol.

Outlaw 8)

oh ya I am stylin now. wire all in, got lights, heat, and rock n roll on the box. tommorow I'll rearrange the shop. will start working on the new build. EL THUNDER is on the back burrner for awhile. having trouble getting the hub sprocket to work right and STREET DIGGER is waiting for it's fat front tire. so I guess SWAMP RAT gets to be worked on. thats all for now.

Outlaw 8)

OUTLAW said:
oh ya I am stylin now. wire all in, got lights, heat, and rock n roll on the box. tommorow I'll rearrange the shop. will start working on the new build. EL THUNDER is on the back burrner for awhile. having trouble getting the hub sprocket to work right and STREET DIGGER is waiting for it's fat front tire. so I guess SWAMP RAT gets to be worked on. thats all for now.

Outlaw 8)

Outlaw, in regards to El Thunder, find yourself an old 5 speed wheel and pull the screw on freewheel off of it like I did on Fugsley. That will give you more options on chain clearance.

thanks, not worried about that. my brake hub that ran the tire is my prob. will see if I can grind some weld off then I have a big washer I will see if I can grind the hole bigger and keep it all even. if that works then I can weld the washer on to the hub and weld the sprocket to that. this thing has to be perfect ... this 2 strock has alot of revs to it and it has to be right on. or I take it to a machine shop and have them do it but that will cost me some money that I don't have. just have to think this thing thru so will see what happens.

Outlaw 8)

still waiting on the front tire from mikesbike36 to get here. as soon as I get that, then I can finish the new springer an get the rest of the bike done. so thats where I am with that. thanks all for looking. soon I hope you'll all get to see it done too.

Outlaw 8)

thanks, thats always fun to listen to. I have all the harly road songs so when I am alone driving ,yeah, the cage, I put em in an crank em up. lol.

should be gettin the tire soon. Mike said he was mailen it tommorow. soon, back to the build.yipee. :D

stay tuned.

Outlaw 8)

Bike looks sick cool fork. And realy i was enspired by kota's designs. And as you can see i am still alive lol just dont have a computer

hey Karfer, long time no hear. did Kota do the fork design first. I don't beleave I had seen it. I guess my tire is in the mail today so hope it will get here soon so I can finnish the fork and the bike. good to hear from you. now get a computer. are you building anything new? thanks for lookin. later.

Outlaw 8)

OUTLAW said:
hey Karfer, long time no hear. did Kota do the fork design first. I don't beleave I had seen it. I guess my tire is in the mail today so hope it will get here soon so I can finnish the fork and the bike. good to hear from you. now get a computer. are you building anything new? thanks for lookin. later.

Outlaw 8)
Hey OUTLAW, I think karfer is referring to be (once) inspired by my forks. NOW he is inspired by YOURS (could be the "danger" factor. :lol: )....It might be a while before I get to building anything. STILL recovering from the FREAK winter snow storm that devastated New England....I'm still watching.

Kota, hmmmm, I like the danger factor. hmmm, never thought anybody would be inspired by anything I would build or even attemt to build. I am flattered if that be the case. anyways, I hope the snow storm wasn't too bad for ya. from what I saw, no thanks. when it snows here in the NW, it isn't real bad but bad enough and then of course most people here don't know how too drive in it and you can guess what happens then. more wrecks then we can handle.lol. it's like a circus out there. I just try an stay home. well hope you and your family are ok. thanks for posting that. :)

Outlaw 8)

didn't get any pic's today but will post some soon. I got my covering done on my pedals today. think ya all might like what I came up with. thanks for lookin.

Outlaw 8)

Re: STREET DIGGER(PEDAL WRAPS)

here's a couple of pic's of the coverings I put on my pedals. had this old belt around so put strips of it around the pedal pegs. now my feet won't slip. thanks for looking.

003-5.jpg

004-4.jpg

Outlaw 8)

OUTLAW said:
got the lower legs almost done, now just wiating for the tire to come so I can set the wheel tabs in place and weld em. then I can install the upper legs where they need to be and this fork will be done. got some pic's of what I got so far so you can see what I am doing and kind of get an idea of how they look on the bike. so here are the pic's:

004-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

001-3.jpg

ok that is it for today. hope ya like it. thanks for lookin. stay tuned for the finnished fork. comin soon for your enjoyment.

Outlaw 8)

Looking Good OUTLAW.!! Just trying to figure out the mechanical part of the springer fork.. But if I wait till you finish putting it together, then I will find out.. huh?
Got to say I like the way the pedal straps came out.. Remember, leather is slippery when wet also..??? They almost remind me of the leather staps the put on motorcycle handle bar for grips.. My eye is on this build for sure.. :shock:

go find pay it back from Karfer. that is my inspration for the forks. if you haven't already seen that bike it is well worth the read. that bike is so sic. I think it's in RRBB3. go to the archives. thanks for lookin.

Outlaw. 8)

Man there's a lot to keep up on this forum... I like this, always something new to look at and inspiration to g by.. I'll take a look.. Still digging your stuff OUTLAW.

Back