STREET DIGGER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: STREET DIGGER (new Pic's)now stretched

deorman, like it. rockin, gettin high, ridin choppers, that was a long time ago.lol. how did I survive. didn't think I would make 50, now I am lookin at 66 on Nov. 12. who would of known.lol. ok,ok, so whats this got to do with STREET DIGGER. of course I could get that album and work on my bikes. maybe I would get stuff done.lol
well the frame is all sanded. have to do some molding, then primer. may leave it in primer, dark grey. don't know yet. we will see. so stay tuned for whats to come. STREET DIGGER IS COMIN YOUR WAY.
thanks for lookin. :eek:

Outlaw 8)

OUTLAW said:
, so whats this got to do with STREET DIGGER
Outlaw 8)
Are you kidding? All you need are a couple neck bolts on that contraption. :lol:

so instead of neck bolts how about I put on some spikes? I still have em from when he was wicked. yep, think I'll do that. have to build a front fork. so I'll make a springer some what on the lines of what Karfer did for pay it back. that bike is so kool and I really like the front end he made. ok, so now the cat is out of the bag.lol

STREET DIGGER IS A COMIN

stay tuned. ya don't want to miss this. :lol:

Outlaw 8)

Re: STREET DIGGER (MY NEW HOMEBUILD PEDALS)

I have been thinking about this for a while now. I wanted something different that I have not seen before. didn't want to use the OCC pedals, don't like em. looked in my stash but it's all the same. nothing on the market that I wanted to put on this bike. so as I kept thinking, remember I am old so I have to think about all this .lol. then the lite went off. about time. I remembered I had a set of BMX trick pegs. so got em out an said to myself, when your my age you can talk to yourself an no one cares,lol, so I said self this is it but how do I do it? they have to spin. so again I thought about it, remember I am old so it take awhile. then the lite went off, about time. so self said, Outlaw you can do it, just cut the outside off and file down the middle part till it fits in the big hole and comes out the otherside. no prob, now I got it.so here is my homemade pedals. I like em, hope ya all like em too. thanks for looking. here are the pic'e, there are 5 of em showing kind of how it was done:

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

thats it for now. stay tuned for more on STREET DIGGER

Outlaw 8)

Re: STREET DIGGER (MY NEW HOMEBUILT PEDALS)

It would be cool to wrap your new pedals in grip tape. (the kind normally used for skate boards)

Just my 2¢

looks good so far.

I got something better that I will be wraping them in. I just got them build today so didn't get a chanch to do it yet. thanks for lookin.

8)

Nice progress OUTLAW.
Keep up the COOL work!!!

yep, this one will get finnish. lol. thanks for that dig. been raining so not much on EL THUNDER. that too will get done. I also have a rails to trails to finnish but with the cold weather setting in here no painting. my new shop doesn't have electric in it yet so have to run cords from the house and thats only 15amps so can't run ma heater. don't know what I'll do about painting this one either. just goin have to get the shop wired up soon. then I have 2 more to build and I think I will be done. need to start building my new kayak soon and some more paddles to try an sale.
well clad ya guys like it so far. will have my 20" OCC tire soon an that will go on the front with a 20" redline rim like the rear and build a springer and a tank for it. so have lots to do. thanks for lookin. stay tuned for more of :

STREET DIGGER comin at ya soon. :wink:

Outlaw 8)

Re: STREET DIGGER (BUILDIN MY SPRINGER)

started my springer fork. made the tabs for the wheel. forgot what its like to hand build small parts. they look good I think. will finnish em up tommorow then have to build the top ones but that will be easier to do. then just have to weld em on to the tubes an I got a nice springer for next to nothin. sooo Karfer just want to thank you for a great design and quite simple to do. of corse I didn't do all the stuff you did as I had most of the parts. again, thanks for building a super springer. :D

so stay tuned for more of :

STREET DIGGERcoming soon for your enjoyment.

Outlaw 8)

Outlaw, those pedals are great! It's hard to find just the right pedals for a build, as you know, you don't want the same old thing. Thanks for showing how to change 'em up!

thanks. yep, I don't like the same old thing all the time. as different as I am doing this bike from when it was Black Wicked, it just needs different stuff on it. got some more things I will be doing to this bike. thanks for lookin. :wink:

Outlaw 8)

got one leg almost done on the new springer. just need to weld up one more tab then on to the second one. then the upper tubes. just taking my time on this and making sure it's build good. I have never tried to build a springer before so this is interresting to do. I'll post up pic's in the next couple of days.. :eek:

Outlaw 8)

Re: STREET DIGGER (NEW PIC'S of springer)

got the lower legs almost done, now just wiating for the tire to come so I can set the wheel tabs in place and weld em. then I can install the upper legs where they need to be and this fork will be done. got some pic's of what I got so far so you can see what I am doing and kind of get an idea of how they look on the bike. so here are the pic's:

004-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

001-3.jpg

ok that is it for today. hope ya like it. thanks for lookin. stay tuned for the finnished fork. comin soon for your enjoyment.

Outlaw 8)

I like it so far, and I love your work place. :mrgreen:

thanks GD, we also have Deer walking around all the time here. so it's really kool. they just wander around and will stand an see what your doin.

Outlaw 8)

Fork is wicked COOL!...Keep going.

thanks Kota. how ya doin?

Outlaw 8)

Back