Stretched Shelby Trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did some more notching got all of the main frame pieces tacked in place, now just trying to decide on the "tank" bar
f4f6696a7a0db68c08baacd4b6e67742.jpg
d4063384d2347d59e57ceaef5c49ab12.jpg
cd393c7b31298e5c47a5c71fc1fe4dbc.jpg

I think I will go with something close to the middle picture... thought?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Chad, it depends on your theme for the build. If you are going for a 'dolphin' theme, then the first pic. 'Barracuda' theme would be the middle set up, and for 'Killer Whale' I would go with the third option! :bigsmile:

I agree that the middle one has the best flow right now....but will it look too 'skinny' once the rear end of the trike is on there? Your frame work is so sleek and curvy right now, I think we forget we are looking at a trike frame down the road....*pun intended*

Also depends a bit on your tire selection. If you are using fatter tires anywhere, I would almost go with #3, those wide open spaces will inversely compliment the fat rubber...

Awesome lines to it, looks really nice. Really loving the curved seat post in with the long sweeping top bar.

I robbed Peter to pay Paul, pulled a set of bars off a different bike and played with seat placement. Sat on the bike grabbed the bars put my foot up where my I think my bb will be. Should be a good fit and a comfortable ride position. Some motor noises may have been made, but I was by myself so no proof!
c8ea37b135a690dc69f5dcbee41ff3b0.jpg
4ca9e753da49d5b3389a63d5b6c0ac56.jpg
9c0143c07302fbbe3847189ae6f717cb.jpg

The seat feels good here, I had thought I would need it taller and more forward but didn't fit the low streched look with the seat so tall. Brainstorming how to mount and not look goofy...

4b8907335309c01916bf99ed9fde2055.jpg

So a little more playing and I think this may have to be the seat position. Still comfortable, still low, and I should be able to extend the once fake seat post tube to be an actual seat post tube with a layback seat post.

Looks good! Seat placement is nice, what will it look like with the wheel in there?

Luke.
Well that is still in the air. I have to get my rims attached to my trike axles yet. The hubs had some issues so I am going to use 2 front rims with bushings and run 26" rims. I mounted the single tire to get ride hight figured out for mounting trike kit and seat placement. Also the trike will add about 6" in length so tires will sit back a little farther than the single tire does

Back