Stretched Shelby Trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good! Seat placement is nice, what will it look like with the wheel in there?

Luke.
0b40fb9f3b99fe05ee11a1441678a715.jpg

Quick little mock up

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I'm imagining a low, throaty, v8 kind of sound..."bum bum bum bum".....

So life has thrown a wrench in the mix, I'm not pulling a mulligan and switching frames. More of a drop for a better lay...
So my trike kit is a little too far gone for my current situation so i am going to go 2 wheeled. With the modifications I wanted to do and the tires I want to use I may not have had the money to get it finished in time.

Sad to hear that, I love a trike.
I'm not going to get mine finished by the deadline either, but if you can get a rider out of it; that'd be cool.

Sad to hear that, I love a trike.
I'm not going to get mine finished by the deadline either, but if you can get a rider out of it; that'd be cool.
I was hoping for the trike as well, was a bit more of a job than expected. Both hubs were trashed. All 4 bearings are bad, a bent axle, and the other axle the end threads are stripped. With the outsourcing to fix, I think I would be out of time and money.
Was not an easy decision, been at a stand still contemplating my route...

sad you had to change plans ,:dontmentionit: good part is it will take less space to park the bike , so you can have one more bike in the stable :p

youll be using the frame you just built ? should be nice on 2wheels

Chad, you will work your magic and turn it into another nice build! Maybe one big fat tire in the rear to take the place of two....?! :21:

Been pretty busy with a bunch of other little projects haven't had time to work in the shop. Got down here tonight before supper and cut out for the bb as seen in the last picture.
0c64a0664b3b9c9ab8af746da9dd57b5.jpg
3e6b977ca70ef6c80344434539d35a0f.jpg

Got the frame set back in the jig and squared up the bb and got it tacked in place. I have to make some different drop outs to gain some clearance in ride hight and tire/frame clearance

Caught up on your build.
Love the sexy curves on that frame.
Honestly, I think the frame deserves to be on its own rather than being tied to a trike rear.
Looking great brother!

Caught up on your build.
Love the sexy curves on that frame.
Honestly, I think the frame deserves to be on its own rather than being tied to a trike rear.
Looking great brother!
Thank you. I was disappointed, but in the end I think it's for the better

Good to see you back in the shop Chad! I ran into your buddy (Chris?) at the Penn swap. We could have used your bikes there for the 'show' part....pretty thin pickin's.

0c64a0664b3b9c9ab8af746da9dd57b5.jpg

I have to make some different drop outs to gain some clearance in ride hight and tire/frame clearance
Nice to see this is progressing , good job on the BB ! :thumbsup:
for the rear ground and tire clearance issue , maybe you could just add about a inch to the seat stays and bend the chain stays donw a little? would keep your lines intact and use the same dropouts:39:

Good to see you back in the shop Chad! I ran into your buddy (Chris?) at the Penn swap. We could have used your bikes there for the 'show' part....pretty thin pickin's.
Yeah I wanted to come but I was unable to fund the trip. His name was corey, and he did tell me you 2 had talked. As you can see this year I didn't have my bike done to enter in the show, although I think I could have came up with a few to enter!

Nice to see this is progressing , good job on the BB ![emoji106]for the rear ground and tire clearance issue , maybe you could just add about a inch to the seat stays and bend the chain stays donw a little? would keep your lines intact and use the same dropouts:39:
Well I have not started designing anything yet, and I do like your idea, neither sounds any easier than the other. Will have to do some staring at it and thinking

Back